Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: question for fifixx  (Read 1846 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
question for fifixx
« on: December 03, 2010, 04:49:49 pm »
dont know if you have seen my reply to your post about sore hocks?
one of ours seem to have the same thing, my question is how did the iodine spray work out?
hope your goat is ok ;)
langdon :goat:
Langdon ;)

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
Re: question for fifixx
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:51:42 pm »
Hi, the vet came out yesterday and it is mange.  he injected the one with the bad leg and then today we have done the rest as a preventative measure.  He has also put some ointment out for me to put on to kill any mites that are not in the skin - nasty!

I asked why the goat had got it and he said once it's on the farm, it will stay so we have to be vigilant.

Best thing was that he said the goats were in tip top condition and very well looked after!

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:05:41 pm »
brill, so what about the iodine spray, did you find it helped before vet came out?
( dont meant to be arsy, just keen to know ;) )
our vet has injected molly twice now and it is still there, do you know what the vet gave your goat?
if so that might help us.
thanks langdon :goat:
Langdon ;)

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:37:59 pm »
Hi - sorry not to have given you the info - I have just got the vet bill and it reminded me!

The goats were all given an injection of Cydectin 1% and the one with mange was given a booster 17 days later (the lifecycle time of the mange mite). 

he also left some deosect spray which we had to dilute and apply every 3/4 days - it seems to have done the job and it is all healing nicely.

Hope this helps

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS