Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what breeds do u have??  (Read 13098 times)

confused

• Joined Jun 2008
Re: what breeds do u have??
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »
I have a giant english female and a hienz 57 male, I dont intend to breed from her as a venture but if I wanted some rabbits could I put these two together?? Also what age do you eat the rabbits?
Yes they would be ok to breed ,the fact that the female is bigger than the male would/should help to eliminate any problems with the birth, what age do you eat them ? they could be ready any time from 3 to 6 month, if you were doing it as an enterprise you would want them away by 4 month.

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »
Thank you for the info< i might put them together and see what i get!!

Greenmoth

• Joined Dec 2010
  • west sussex
    • Hambrook Hill
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 06:51:19 pm »
i breed californians for meat, and polish to show :)

princesspiggy

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 05:45:57 am »
by giant english - do u mean big, or is she a giant breed? with giants like the continental - i heard you have to breed them by 9 mths or they can get fat and infertile.  :bunny: :love: :bunny:

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:33:35 am »
When I bought her from a show she was displayed as a Giant English, however she is bigger than an average rabbit but not as big as those at the show! She is however only 8 months old, I am not a rabbit expert, I just loved the look of her  :love:

princesspiggy

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 06:28:01 pm »
sounds great, when are you gona mate her? i would love a continental giant, just one that i could spoil and hopefully show. maybe oneday....

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:57 am »
Well we have now put the two together!! Slight problem in him managing the job, it appears that his wishes to do the deed at one whilst hanging onto her neck at the other, the problem is that he cant reach both at once.........watch this space!!

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 03:00:29 pm »
Well we have now put the two together!! Slight problem in him managing the job, it appears that his wishes to do the deed at one whilst hanging onto her neck at the other, the problem is that he cant reach both at once.........watch this space!!

How long did you put her into his cage for?

:bunny:

princesspiggy

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 07:04:19 pm »
my buck was on the wrong end. poor doe.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 07:13:37 pm »
my buck was on the wrong end. poor doe.

atleast he is not gender confused, my two boys try to breed with: each other, the chickens, the ducks and peoples shoes.

confused little boys  :bunny:

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »
He has been in for a couple of days now, If I see any signs of her nesting I will remove him, if not it means he cant do the job and so they may as well live together, I have not seen any more signs of them getting it together so maybe he has given up!!

princesspiggy

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 11:57:05 am »
mine were loose together for almost a week in a large safe area, with no fighting. she only nested the day before they were due.

Budo1

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 06:44:18 pm »
I have many different breeds....
New Zealand White / Californians / British Giants / Continentals / Rex Du Poitou and several crosses of different meat breeds

Sandy

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »
I am hankering after a couple of same sex or castrated rabbits to live with my chickens as there is a nice dry sheltered place that was even snow free and fine durring the horrid winter, any suggestions? A couple of rescue ones would be fine for a start, I fancy a giant varity and not too sure if I would want to breed from them as not too sure of the meat market either, not keen on Rabbit myself, think you should not eat too much but correct me if I am wrong???

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 07:13:46 pm »
I shall keep my ears oen for you  :bunny:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS