Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Older cat missing her litter tray  (Read 13655 times)

Eeyore-77

• Joined Apr 2022
Older cat missing her litter tray
« on: September 01, 2023, 10:18:39 pm »
 Hi
Our old cat is about 17 now and she enjoys sitting in the house sleeping mostly, but she now seems to be missing her litter tray when she needs to use it to pee if she is left inside overnight.
Any recommendations for a better litter tray for cats than the standard plastic covered ones with a little door if you know what I mean.
She gets popped out when she needs to go in the daytime and when it’s warmer out she is out all night, but we don’t like her being out when it’s freezing as she’s an old lady now.
Thank you.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Older cat missing her litter tray
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 11:20:40 pm »
Can you spread newspaper around the outside of the entrance, perhaps with some litter on?  I'm imagining that she puts her front half in but leaves the relevant parts hanging out over the edge of the tray.  Or perhaps she could have a shallower tray to make it easier to get in  :cat:  Some days I know how she feels  :o
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 12:56:18 pm »
My Nikki is the same age, and has always had accidents since I got her from cat rescue 3 years ago - they did tell me about it.  Mostly it's poo but occasionally wee too
She has free run of the  study and hallway and goes out during the day so long as it's dry. I donlt let her out at night as she is almost blind

I found a sheet of imitation leather and put that under her litter tray so it's easy to clan up.  Prior to that I used one of these 'dirt trapper' mats - sometimes you can get old ones from supermarkets but they're not expensive

You can get all sorts of colours and patterns - https://hugathome.co.uk/collections/washable-door-mats-rugs

Hugs have 15% off if you give them your email address then you can unsubscribe from their emails after you've received your mat
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 12:58:48 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Eeyore-77

• Joined Apr 2022
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 07:59:09 pm »
Hello,
that’s great. Will look into these ideas.

Thank you.

Cheerio.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS