Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Clik or ClikZin  (Read 1002 times)

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
Clik or ClikZin
« on: July 02, 2023, 11:36:09 am »
I have noticed that there is a Clik/Crovect thread but crovect didn't work here so we use sheep dip!

Anyhow, Clik or Clikzin? Has anyone noticed any difference between the 2 apart from the withdrawal and would a Crovect gun be compatible or does a new gun need to be purchased?
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Clik or ClikZin
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 05:27:10 pm »
No difference in how they work, just clikzin is 7 days meat and gives 8 weeks cover, Clik is 40 days meat and gives 16 weeks cover. So normally clikzin for fat lambs, clik for ewes.I use both and use the same gun washed out between uses.

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 02:23:22 pm »
No difference in how they work, just clikzin is 7 days meat and gives 8 weeks cover, Clik is 40 days meat and gives 16 weeks cover. So normally clikzin for fat lambs, clik for ewes.I use both and use the same gun washed out between uses.

Ok, wasn't planning on buying both, but never thought like above (one for mums, one for babes!)

Is there a best before date on this stuff?

Am considering the 2.2lt and hoping to carry through to use next year, mix of sizes due to Wiltshires and Shetlands and a couple of Inbetweeners!
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 09:23:39 am »

Ok, wasn't planning on buying both, but never thought like above (one for mums, one for babes!)

Is there a best before date on this stuff?

Am considering the 2.2lt and hoping to carry through to use next year, mix of sizes due to Wiltshires and Shetlands and a couple of Inbetweeners!

Normally the expiry date is fairly long. You should prob use within X months but I’ve always carried over to the next year as long as expiry is ok, and keep in a cool dark dry place.

Badger Nadgers

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Derbyshire/North Staffs
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 11:39:46 pm »
They are the same active ingredient Dicyclanil, but in different concentrations
Clik Extra = 65mg/,l
Clik = 50mg/ml
Clikzin = 12.5mg/ml

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
Re: Clik or ClikZin -----GUN
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 04:48:31 pm »
I've looked at the gun.

I even took photos, lowered the resolution on my camera to vga ,uploaded to MacBook and ......... no idea where they are!

Anyway, its a Norvartis gun, adjustable on the handle to about 66ml, clean as a whistle etc, but the nozzle is round and no TBar on it. The cap/pipe is 5cm I think. I assumed it said Crovect on it.

I've googled and its identical (without the TBar) as the one on viovet, the end is more like a rose and I don't know if it can be removed.

Clik/Clikzin whichever I decide (haven't got there yet, too much other crap going on here!) will this gun be ok?

You know, if I drunk alcohol, I'd be a raging alcoholic by now!

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 09:08:36 pm »
I think you need the Clik gun, as it has the right nozzle on it, and can then split the dose into 4 so you can apply the product in 4 strokes.

Badger Nadgers

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Derbyshire/North Staffs
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 02:31:01 pm »
I've always used the proper clik gun for clik and a generic one with various nozzles and bars for cypermethrin products like Crovect.  I thought it was something to do with products rotting seals and rings on the gun, but whether that is true I don't know.  From a practical point of view, after shearing I've normally got a bottle of each on the go with the a gun ready on each,

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 07:22:30 pm »
I've never had to treat ewes this time of year, when they've been shorn. There isn't usually enough fleece for there to be a problem.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 08:52:42 pm »
I've never had to treat ewes this time of year, when they've been shorn. There isn't usually enough fleece for there to be a problem.
That's what I'm hoping, but I still worry.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS