Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1465 times)

Moyparkchef

• Joined Jun 2023
« on: June 28, 2023, 03:45:45 pm »
Hi folks!
Hope all is well in your world.
I'm newly joined today, am a chef and horticulturist by trade, but jack of all and practical as heck to be fair.
Been looking for some land/woodland for about a year now to set up the rest of my life hopefully, time and patience and it will crop up I'm sure. When you want something enough it has a habit of happening by my experiences.
I'm a firm believer in community, help thy neighbour and making your own luck so here I am spreading my wings a little further.
Lovely to be here, and hopefully my experiences may help someone along the way.

Nick. Xx

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 06:59:29 pm »
Hi Nick and welcome to the forum. Yes, all is very well in our world apart from the strangest conversation I've just had with our neighbour. He's had a field re-fenced, taking out the broken old posts and all the twisted mess of barbed wire (from which his cattle escaped 8 times last year) and put in new posts with electric lines- it's a big field, perhaps 5 hectares. He came to ask if he could use our electricity to power his fence (whilst I'm cooking tandoori chicken)??? Now I'm now not sure if my interpretation of using our mains electricity to power his energiser is correct. Perhaps he meant using our mains energiser to power his fence? He gave a very complex explanation of how he would calculate the mains usage and pay us for it (with beef). Perhaps he doesn't realise our energiser is battery, because we don't charge it with a solar panel. We have several batteries and just fit a fresh one as required, something he may not have come across? Neither energiser will cope with his field anyway. Doubt we would be asked to do that anywhere other than here.

Sorry, I digress. Sounds like you have the all right experience and skills to make a smallholding work. Making a profit is another matter. You haven't said whereabouts you are or what plans you have with this land/woodland? Please don't say you want to build a house on it, because that topic has been well and truly exhausted here.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 09:26:45 pm »
Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: :raining: Carnoustie :wave:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 06:11:58 pm »
Welcome Nick, good luck with your search. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS