Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shwmae  (Read 1981 times)

horihori

• Joined Jun 2023
Shwmae
« on: June 06, 2023, 03:51:30 am »
I just moved to a smallholding in Ammanford, excited to get started and learn. I don't know the area or anyone here so would be nice to make contact with people doing similar.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Shwmae
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 08:32:56 am »
Hello and welcome to TAS from Carnoustie! No idea where Ammamford is - but it's no near here  ;D . Tell us a bit more about your new smallholding. We're kind of winding down now, so it's a vicarious pleasure o listen to someone starting out.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 09:06:34 am »
Just Googled Ammanford and it came up with a small town North of Swansea, if that's it [member=227365]horihori[/member] ?
Think there are members in that area? Closest I got to it was driving past for a short holiday in Tenby, not that long ago.

Good luck with your smallholding. Buy some books (charity shop is best) and start reading.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 07:13:00 pm »
Shwmae

There are lots of smallholders in this area (we are in Talley) .  We have a smallholder group which meets once a month .... usually second Wednesday ... for  chat and bring and share supper ... sometimes a speaker.  Talley and Cwmdu smallholders group on Fb will find us.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

horihori

• Joined Jun 2023
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 08:59:42 pm »
Tell us a bit more about your new smallholding.
It's about 5 acres of meadow right now! Spending a lot of time removing invasives before I make a start on any infrastructure or beds...

Talley and Cwmdu smallholders group on Fb will find us.
Can't join without attending in person; bit tricky to get to Cwmdu Inn and back but I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip!

Kiran

• Joined Apr 2019
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 11:21:49 pm »
Hi, from just down the road in Swansea

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 07:41:36 pm »
shwmae Shwmae i'm from Ammanford too. Welcome to the Amman Valley where the sun always shines (well for the last 3 weeks anyway). :wave:

horihori

• Joined Jun 2023
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 08:45:09 am »
Hi Kiran, Phil. Would be great to touch base with some locals.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS