Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tales from the Green Valley  (Read 6353 times)

rustyme

Tales from the Green Valley
« on: December 23, 2007, 06:01:14 pm »
Tales from the Green Valley is a really lovely tv series that is now on DVD. It was put out as 12 30 min programes a couple of years ago . It was about some people who lived for a whole year as if they were in the early 1600's. No electric or any mod cons , just what would have been available in the 1600's. Some bits are for tv and not all that real , but taken as a whole it is excellent . So if anyone wants a complete contrast to todays way of living ....rent it as soon as you can ....

Russ

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Tales from the Green Valley
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 10:34:45 am »
We watched it when it was on TV and really enjoyed it. In fact, I was thinking about the programme when I read your posts...

rustyme

Re: Tales from the Green Valley
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:13:00 am »
lol ....yes that is most likely the reason why I like the program so much ...,( I didn't see it when it was on tv , I only saw it the first time a couple of months ago), it shows people doing basically what I do everyday, perhaps I am not the only nutter after all?. Mind you , they didn't actually sleep there , and they went back to a NORMAL life after the year was up . 

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS