Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is change of use required?  (Read 1737 times)

dleitch22

• Joined Jan 2023
Is change of use required?
« on: January 15, 2023, 11:04:49 am »
Hi everyone, newbie here. Apologies if this topic has been covered already!

I have a field (approx 7 acres) and it's classed as agricultural.
The farmer next door rents the field for Grazing.

I would like to use the field for sports and recreation, which can be done while the sheep are in the field. So the primary use (grazing / agriculture) does not change. The farmer is OK with us playing sports, and it doesn't affect the sheep. And we have also agreed a few weeks in the year when the sheep won't be in the field.

I'd like to use the field for recreation maybe 60 days of the year, and only a few hours (maximum) on those days. The sheep will continue grazing at the same time, so the primary function of "Agriculture" is unchanged.

There will be no building work or development. Does using the field for Sports/Recreation as well as Agriculture need a change of use? Or is it classed as permissible?

Thanks, David

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Is change of use required?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 05:44:24 pm »
I personally would just go for it.
It is highly unlikely to come to the notice of the planners, especially as there are no buildings or development, it's only for a few hours at a time, and your neighbour has no complaints.

In addition, as the sheep will still be in the field, there is no way that you can be accused of change of use from agriculture.

By the way - I am intrigued to know what sport you are planning that involves sheep. :roflanim: :roflanim:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Is change of use required?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 05:59:21 pm »
Yep. I'd just go for it as well (and I'm usually very much a rule-keeper).

If anybody says anything, you then have a track record of being able to do this without issue, and in any case it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS