Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sellling Your Own Sausage  (Read 8519 times)

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
Re: Sellling Your Own Sausage
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 09:22:05 am »
that's a particularly harsh view ???   and would slap marking not ensure you got your own pigs back?

robert waddell

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 11:09:43 am »
slapmarking is a form of tattooing(to survive the scalding process) not all tags survive this process padge
the harsh view i am presuming is rockrothwells post
i have discounted this only time will tell i dont want to go back in the bad baby corner for a gut felling

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »
It was indeed Lilian.................the part about dishonest butchers switching carcasses............................so how exactly would you ensure getting your own back if a slapmark tattoo doesn't necessarily survive?

And i'm sorry but the latter part of your reply i didn't understand......mind you i'm doing well at getting the wrong end of the stick today all round ::)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »
I have never had a slap mark not survive.  I have known of "accidents" in the abattoir when a good gos gilt complete with head and tail was mistakenly switched for a "prime supermarket white pig" tail and headless.

robert waddell

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »
as HM says accidents do happen or swappage we have heard it quite a lot dont just accept it shout scream swear and make a nuisance of yourself after all it is theft and most of all post it here and tell everybody about it
 and the latter part padge (rockrothewell) thats his first post ????? something just does not gell

HeronsReach

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Cumbria
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »
Errrr and as was saying

Can anybody give me rough idea what you need to convert a modern garage into a cutting room

IE Floors surface, wall coatings, lighting, ceiling etc

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 06:13:37 am »
...............apologies for straying off topic Heronsreach   but i kinda think several people already answered your question and it was looking a little impractical for you :-\      have to say tho the 306 you paid for 5 prepared inc sausages and ham(less i misunderstood) seemed pretty reasonable to me...........we had a quote from butcher to cut only of £50 per pig :o             as ours are just for ourselves we butcher our own ;)

HappyHippy

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 06:19:37 am »
HeronsReach, I think you'd be best to get in touch with your local planning department and building control to get their advice on the standards required and also (as it would be a business, I assume) to check that you'll actually be granted permission for the conversion.
Sorry can't be of more help  :-\

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 07:40:28 am »
I agree with HappyHippy.  It's also worth contacting your local Environmental Health people too.  They were very helpful when they came out before we started the conversion.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HeronsReach

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Cumbria
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:40 pm »
Yes I think you're all right. We need to start at the top as i'm sure that different rules apply to different areas and planning rules are very subjective. Thanks to all that commented

PS I wasnt being stroppy about moving off topic, I was just bemused how we ended up on slap marks from cutting rooms ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 12:18:31 am »
get them to put it in writing what spec they require any changes get that in writing also just to be on safe side and it will be expensive if you get tradesmen to do it

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS