Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Red Diesel for Smallholders  (Read 9499 times)

Dykehead123

• Joined Jul 2022
Red Diesel for Smallholders
« on: July 29, 2022, 06:43:47 pm »
I own a 15 acre Smallholding in East Ayrshire and recently acquired a compact tractor and flail cutter to manage the land. It will be used solely for use on the holding and isn’t licensed for public roads. We’re not a commercial operation and are not registered as a business. Am I allowed to use red diesel for the tractor and how do I get it. Local supplier in Kilmarnock wouldn’t supply and I’ve been informed I need to complete an RDCO form. Any thoughts.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Red Diesel for Smallholders
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 07:52:56 pm »
A local shell garage has a red diesel pump.  You have to give the registration of the vehicle it is to be used in and what it will be used for, before filling up your container.  No one has ever checked up on this but the tractor has got an agricultural tax on it.  The tax disc is free you just have to renew anually like a car.

Glencairn

• Joined Jun 2017
  • Dumfriesshire
Re: Red Diesel for Smallholders
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 09:41:12 pm »
There's a red diesel pump that's automated in St John's town of Dalry, that said I don't know what information they require.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS