Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cold weather report from Met Office  (Read 4471 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Cold weather report from Met Office
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:09:27 pm »
Weather for next few weeks
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
Re: Cold weather report from Met Office
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:22:02 pm »
Oh Well!  Winter clothes back on then - just getting used to this positively balmy 2 degrees above freezing.  Was considering getting my bikini out! ;D

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:07 pm »
Ive used this for my weather for 5 or 6 years now; in general its very accurate. Almost to the point I can rely on it. Just enter your post code and it will give you the weather for your area, keep checking it, it alters daily and changes to suit our changing weather.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=TA9+3NY

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:53:46 pm »
Hmmm, well it says 'plus one that feels like minus three' for here today, but it was a lot warmer than that - my car was registering plus 5 this afternoon at 2pm.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 11:35:17 pm »
That looks like a good site Cobra..............good shout.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:23 am »
oh no, does not look good for going to the airport on the 22nd... :'( :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 02:17:13 pm »
Headline
A High pressure system will result in mainly dry weather until the middle of the week. Any rain will be light and patchy and cold, frosty conditions will bring very little further thawing. Then becoming much colder by Thursday with snow to all levels.
Today, Monday 13th
A generally dry day across much of Scotland, with isolated rain showers affecting the northeast and east coasts (particularly Moray, Aberdeenshire and the Borders) later in the day. Daytime temperatures generally around plus 4C, however with frost returning this evening, there will only be a limited daytime thawing of lying snow. Minimum temperatures tonight down to around minus 3C with an ongoing ice risk.
Outlook Tuesday 14th Dec to Friday 17th Dec   
Tuesday A mainly dry day in the south and west. Some light rain, falling as snow on hills, will affect the north (Highlands & Islands and Grampian), and down the east coast (mainly the eastern Borders). Limited daytime thawing with a widespread frost overnight. 
Wednesday      A mostly dry for all parts of Scotland. A band of rain will reach the Northern Isles and north coast (Caithness & Sutherland) by midnight. This will spread southwards. Winds strengthening in the north (Highlands & Islands and Grampian) with risk of gales.       
Thursday       The band of rain, with hill snow, will sweep southwards during the early hours. Behind this band of rain, temperatures will drop rapidly and the following showers will fall as snow at all levels. This will lead to an increased risk of widespread ice forming on roads and pavements across Scotland. The snow showers will be most frequent in the north and down the west coast.   
More precise timings on movement of the band of rain will be provided as we get closer to Thursday. However, there is a risk of disruption to rush hour traffic in central Scotland.   
Daytime temperatures below freezing, so no thawing expected.   
Friday Frequent snow showers in the north and parts of the west. Some of these will be heavy, with the potential for significant snow accumulations. No thawing.     

Severe weather Warning

A band of rain and snow will move southwards across Scotland and Northern Ireland during the early
hours of Thursday with widespread icy surfaces then developing rapidly, potentially around the morning
rush-hour period. Heavy snow showers will then spread to areas exposed to the strong northerly wind.
Issued by the Met Office at 11:32 on Monday, 13th December 2010
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:18:50 pm by doganjo »

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 03:17:37 pm »
below freezing here all day  :&>

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 03:48:22 pm »
Excellent, I can go skiing again!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »
 :P :&>

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 07:21:52 pm »
least the snow will cover all the mud up !!!!!!!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS