Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Plans for Christmas?  (Read 7003 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Plans for Christmas?
« on: December 05, 2010, 08:16:11 pm »
... or just another day on the smallholding?

please share below   :)
Little Blue

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: Plans for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 08:22:09 pm »
its our first xmas together in scotland so it will be a special time for us, were spending it just us and the animals no invites have been given out to family, we will spend it doing the usual animal things, dogs, horses, hens and kittens, one big happy family, enjoying the dream life we have together. plus lots of chocolates  :wave:

Forgot its also our first xmas in our new house, so that makes it extra special as we have all our animals at home with us
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:27:21 pm by faith0504 »

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 08:50:29 pm »
Last year it was just me and steve and our dogs and the new 10 pups, we brought them in to the lounge with us and had a big log fire and watched them suckle, so sweet. THis year my family will be with us, thats a first for us here in Scotland too, after, now possibly on the 28th we marry in the house with just family and close friends...very special!!!

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »
well we have moved to a smaller house (so we could have a little piece of land- and so the kids can't move back in!!! ;) )
this year my son and daughter are coming for christmas..... bringing with them their partners and 3 grandchildren.......... :o
so in our smaller house we will have 6 adults and 3 babies/toddlers..... think i'll hide with the chickens and pigs!!

:pig: :chook: :love: :pig: :chook:

don't you just love christmas!!!

Susie

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:18:23 pm »
Just me, hubby and the kids for Christmas day. Just the way we like it  ;D.  Planning on going for a walk along the beach in the morning if weather not too bad. Then hubbys family arrive Boxing day for a couple of days. Friends coming to stay for New Year.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
we are here with all our animals (horses, sheep, ducks, chickens, pigs, cat, dog) and having some family over.

if the weather is nice (ie no snow!), my christmas present to myself is always to go for a nice quiet hack.  dont think it's going to happen this year somehow!

but will be the first year ever that we will have eaten our own home produced meat with the meal!  so excited :)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 10:12:53 pm »
Just me and OH - and if I can catch up on jobs just the morning feed/let out before a nice day by the fire, telly on with mindless rubbish seen 10x before but good for a laugh - hopefully a walk with our oldest dog Tess.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:05:27 am »
It will be our first Christmas at Dalmore, so a bit special. It will be more special if we have a kitchen  ::) There will be John, Linda, Dan, Lorna and I plus dogs and cats.

Planning to have one of our own chickens plus either pork or lamb then feet up by the stove with the dogs and cats (who love it almost as much as us).

Going to get the decorations form Longcarse on Thursday  ;D

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:38:01 pm »
Wife will finish night duty Christmas morning come home and  start dinner we'll all do presents then i'm off to feed everything ;then dinner after which she'll fall asleep on the sofa for an hour or two and wake up to find a lovely clean and tidy kitchen then we all watch the Christmas specials and play board games with lots of cheating and chocolate.This is the pattern every other year; next year will be a day shift worse again as she gets no Christmas dinner.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 04:15:27 pm »
it is possible that all my plans are going up in smoke (if we still have any fuel for a fire then  ::)). My mum is supposed to come flying in on the 22nd...No Christmas food in the freezer, no pud made yet, presents missing in the post ::) ::) ::) :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 04:18:00 pm »
Don't worry Kerstin - it'll get better before it gets worse! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 04:45:18 pm »
Just myself, Tony, the 4 children and my mum. Same usual animal jobs but no soap making and definately not making an bath bombs (the bane of my life at the minute  ;D  )
then tony will drive into worcester to visit his mum and sisters, I will stay with my mum and I will demolish best part of a tin of chocolates, got to be done  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 06:27:49 pm »
We will be luxuriating in the fact that we are now in our finished cottage  ;D Just my OH and me, the 2 dogs and the 6 hens. We will have a christmas lunch consisting of roast pork - from one of our own pigs  ;D ;D Hopefully it will be a nice day so we can have a good walk somewhere on our local cornish coastline  ;D
Tish

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 06:31:22 pm »
i'll be at work, sick people don't know what day is what!

steve's parents are arriving on the 23rd, they will be festive without me on christmas day, then do it all over again with me on boxing day, 2 day feast, bonus! :)
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 06:33:13 pm »
Just me on my own as usual.. feeding animals at regular intervals but hopefully not in snow ::)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS