Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The things people do  (Read 2969 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
The things people do
« on: December 04, 2010, 05:14:04 pm »
This was in a new york newspaper yesterday!

A trash truck in New York drove too close to the curb as it was going round a corner. It was going so close that it knocked the telephone pole down into the street. When the driver went back to check what had happened, there was a woman under the telephone complaining screaming in pain. An ambulance was called to take her to the Emergency room. The woman went on to sue the city and the trash collection company. However, she dropped her lawsuit when the security cameras on the street showed that the telephone pole had actually missed her and she had climbed down and squeezed herself under the pole and began screaming when people showed up.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: The things people do
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »
Only in America!  ::)  It's a 'I'll sue you' culture.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:15 pm »
nice try  ;D ;D :&>

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 10:01:47 pm »
And where America leads, we follow. More's the pity.

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:11:39 pm »
I am still in shell shock that my Ex wants to come to my wedding, well at least ruin it!!!!!! He is worried that my daughter who is comming from Australia, will struggle driving up to me on 27th Dec when she lands on the 25th, he said he would drive her up and stay somewhere!! I said it was not a good idea and now I am in the process of changing the date to make it easier!!!! As the deay as gone on I have felt more and more hurt, he is already affecting our special day, we have been together for 16 years.....why can he not leave us alone...I am so sad that he also wants to be here when I never see my eldest from Austrailia and he visits her all the time and lives near the other two, selfish man, making out he is worried about my daughter when its him he is worried about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:26 am »
Give him a huge smile and bid him welcome! You don't have to mean it but it will make the day go more happily for everyone.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 11:44:54 am »
He is a control freak - still trying to control you after 18 years!  Set me on him, I'll sort him out!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
    • just left of the 20th century
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 01:13:20 pm »
what a T@#T he sounds sandy!....i have a nice sized doberman you could borrow! ;D i find she comes in handy in keeping away ex's espeshially when accompanied by my bouncer buddies! ;) ;) ;)

do have a wonderful day though and dont let anyone spoil it for you no matter what! :bouquet:
'can't rain all the time!'

robert waddell

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 01:17:09 pm »
tell him to go forth and multiply and in  a voice that means it

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »
I sent hima very polite E Mail and then gave it all more and  more thought, he had been talking to my youngest about comming up here and she said it was not a good idea to him and knew exactly what I mean, he still thinks I belong to him as he let slip once and said to my OH "you are not part of the family" that was when I had been seperated and with my OH for more than 6 years!!!!! A few months after we seperated he went to see my eldest in Austrailia, she was on a working holiday there at that time, now she lives there, me and her were very close, even going uni together, anyway, I could have gone with him but he said it was not right!!! he would not even go to parents evening once we had seperated yet when he found a new women he went to them and made a fuss about the exclsion of her 2 sons!!!! He IS a control freak and I think he may well have got the message

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS