Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: cold spell to end thersday /beware Cold intensifies next week, December could b  (Read 10882 times)

bamford6

The first half of the month is expected to bring mostly cold conditions with the risk of some rain, sleet or snow in all areas, especially early in the period. Some significant snowfalls are likely. Frost frequency looks like being notably greater than average. Towards the end of the period it should become mostly dry with widespread overnight frosts continuing. Temperatures remaining mostly below average, especially in the east and south east.

Second half
During the second half of the month a relatively quiet spell of weather is expected. Overnight frost and fog are likely to become widespread, and daytime temperatures will be mostly below the seasonal norm, especially in the south and east, but where fog lingers it will remain very cold. Probably turning less settled and milder towards the end of the period, with rain returning. decenber 4 th   up date on the wether

Staying predominantly cold during the week ahead with the risk of further frost, and sleet or snow at times, as well as the chance of some rain in southern areas today and tonight before it turns colder again. However, what I’m really interested in at the moment is developments beyond next weekend. The different computer models are showing good consistency, and the potential for the cold to increase its intensity again is there, and for that renewed surge to have the potential to last for at least 10 days. If correct, it means cold weather is likely to be hanging Next week we're expecting the cold to tighten its grip, and we are looking at the potential for more severe wintry weather later on high pressure builds to the north of Britain once again. At the moment there is no end in sight to the predominantly cold weather, and all areas are likely to be at risk of further sleet or snow as we head towards Christmas. It looks as though there is the potential around even at Christmas. It looks incrasingly as though December could break a few weather records in the UK...Cold intensifies next week, December could break records
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:51:52 am by bamford6 »

Sandy

Re: cold spell to end next week and the next 1 coming christmas week
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 10:50:17 pm »
So, I may have a white wedding again then????? My eldest daughter will be just in from Austrailia, poor sole Bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 11:43:22 pm »
Gary, where do you get these words of wisdom?  It is so depressing knowing what weather we are to expect  ::) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:32:30 am »

What's even more depressing is that Gary seems to be right. next person to say "wouldn't it be nice to have a white christmas" DIES!!!!
Anne

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:27 am »
Roll on the second half of the month. I'm well fed up now - I can understand why Scandinavian countries have an alcohol problem  ;D It's kind of soporific though, with the stove on and lots of stews and dumplings and stuff like that.

bamford6

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:53:06 am »
doganjo i hope you are well and coping with this cold spell wich i said we would have 3 weeks a go .the wether comes from wether action             http://www.weatheraction.com/            Piers Corbyn paid forcast for farming comunaties at least you no whots round the corner well yesterday was the first minus 11 all day minus 16 at night the birds are on hot food at the mo and coping well warmer next week all the best and a merrey christmas to you

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:57:40 am »
Thanks, Gary.  I haven't been out in the car since Friday evening - going to put sand and salt mix on the drive today and try to get over the bridge.  Have super kids and neighbours who have offered to bring stuff in but it's not the same as getting out and about yourself is it?  I'm just a bit scared of trying as at 67 there's no way I can push my car out of a rut or a ditch!  Will report back later in the day - must go and let the other dogs out to play again before I try the car.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:25:42 pm »
I have been stuck at home for a week now, lots of snow and very very cold. Although winter has arrived early this year I had already stocked up on all animal feed, freezers full as well for us and enough booze in the house to keep us going for well past the Christmas break. We should have all the family over that time hence the reason for stocking up early but it will depend on the weather. Middle son and his family live in North Wales, older son  wife and daughter Peterhead area and the younger one wife and daughter Aberdeen. Mother coming for three weeks she is at Lesmahagow. Fingers crossed they all get here and back home again.  ;D :wave:

bamford6

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:45:51 pm »
well whot can 1 say please take a look at this
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:48:01 pm by bamford6 »

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 03:10:12 pm »
Thanks Gary appreciate the updates.
JD

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 06:01:53 pm »
Managed to get the car over the bridge - nearly went into the field across the lane - down a steep bank, I'd never have got out of there!  That report looks serious Gary, how did you find that website - it seems to be pretty good.  I know I said it makes for depressing reading but the truth does sometimes hurt - but at least it prepares us.  we are at minus 8 right now - at 6pm. ::)

bamford6

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 07:43:28 pm »
the forcast is 25 pound every 6 weeks  the 3 farms pay for the forcast last yere we new Christmas was the hit and this yere was right a gain where we live it helps getting stock in gas and food

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 09:13:20 am »
got up this morning to no water, we are on private and it has never frozen before, deep joy. :o

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 09:50:09 am »
Our pipes are frozen too  :-[ feeling nervous about the thaw now.
I'm not sure about the science behind these forecasts, but if they seem to work...I will keep an open mind at the moment

bamford6

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »
think off this last yere we new Christmas week was going to be bad .we moved all the sheep dawn to the farm got food in for the month and got the hens at the back field came form elgin 3.30 roads closing that was it till January the 29 th nothink in no think out seen no 1 for a month and lost no think 2 weeks ago worst wether off the Autumn all birds fine sheep in the barn 8 days stuck at the moment

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS