Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 10 inches off snow road blocked in both directions  (Read 8827 times)

bamford6

10 inches off snow road blocked in both directions
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:20:18 pm »
iv been getting stock round the farm .this morning 8 inches off snow started snowing a gain  3pm still snowing haven't got eney think in been working all week just didn't have time Parts of Britain have already been affected by snow, and as we head towards the weekend, the snow risk is likely to increase, and become more widespread, with significant accumulations in places.  Temperatures will continue to fall across Britain, with overnight frost becoming increasingly widespread and at times severe. The latest indications are that we can expect the wintry weather to continue through next week, with much of the country having significant accumulations of snow, and overnight temperatures possibly falling as low as -15C locally once the cold is entrenched.
If you are worried about  stock staying warm during this wintry spell
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:25:25 pm by bamford6 »

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
Re: 10 inches off snow road blocked in both directions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:35:58 pm »
Just had a wee fluttering of snow early afternoon here, but nothing to speak of, despite the very low temperatures. Hope those with more snow are holding up well.
Lynn :)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:48:47 pm »
Poor you, hopefully everything is ok,

we have a wee dusting here in fife, but nothing significant

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:09:58 pm »
Nothing in the midlands yet. Hope you manage ok Bamford.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:58 pm »
Hope we don't get any here in Clacks, I am collecting my grandchildren tomorrow evening for the weekend while Mum and Dad go away to a posh hotel for Sarah's 40th.  I believe the A96 was blocked for a time yesterday and today.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 06:42:13 am »
still no snow in derbyshire (south)
not sure whether to take the 4x4 or not............ :-\

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:27:26 am »
These are scenes from where I used to live - possibly worse where Gary is!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11838056
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 09:50:16 am »
My poor hubby has to drive 250 miles a day in this, delivering parcels in rural aberdeenshire. I hate when it's like this - always worrying about him.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 10:07:50 am »
about 2 inchs of laying snow. cold but ok.

bamford6

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 10:18:04 am »
still not that cold road still blockt each way wondering haw long it will last no bodey nows  feeding winter feed naw 2 months Early out off food and stuff tractor to the shop 20 miles a way a foot off snow

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 10:22:32 am »
Here in Mablethorpe we have had several downpours of snow but there's only about an inch. it's very beautiful as the sun is shining (and I haven't got to go out, or even worse to work)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 10:51:19 am »
not much snow in buckie, we have a sprinkle on the ground, but it keeps trying to give us more, keep watching the clouds roll in over the sea, but they are missing us, temp is not that cold at the min.

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 11:33:48 am »
my sister lives 1 mile as the crow flies inland from Balmedie beach. thye have 7 inches of snow already. Basically it is the same as last year ...
we are near glamis and have a couple of centimetres. Stocking up on bedding and feed, and have ordered/ reserved extra hay for the horses and sheep. I seem to be going thru it at an alarming rate :-(

all cosied up here....cooried in! dogs and cats piled up on top of eachother infrom of the fire.
emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 11:43:21 am »
nothing here till 11 am , then it started . 2" so far and the sky doesn't look good . Got to leave for the land now ....hope this lot doesn't freeze tonight , I am waiting on haylage delivery to the land  !!! Can't get hold of the bloke. Looks like another fun winter on the way . I feel for Gary though .....jesus ...10" already .
At least my knee is sort of ok this year ... hope I haven't put the mockers on that now....lol.

cheers

Russ

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 05:09:57 pm »
My poor hubby has to drive 250 miles a day in this, delivering parcels in rural aberdeenshire. I hate when it's like this - always worrying about him.

He might be the parcel chap who rang me today sounding very tired and saying he really didnt want to even come up the road that leads to our very snowy track and could anyone in the village take in my parcel? He sounded very relieved when I said I didnt blame him ! and gave him a friends details where he could take it :-)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS