Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 10 inches off snow road blocked in both directions  (Read 8850 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: 10 inches off snow road blocked in both directions
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:35 pm »
absolutely freezing in Fife, but only a dusting of snow.......so far anyway!  stocking up on everything just in case though

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 07:25:33 pm »
the snow has hit buckie 2ins up to now, and its still falling, we cant see the lights at buckie or the sea and oil rig lights the cloud is low cold north easterly wind.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25:28 pm »
We're got about 1 foot now - OH was working in Ellon only half an hour away and had only a wee bit today and at home there was tons - did manage with a bit of tooing and frowing to get out to the feed store so the van's now the new feed bin - if it snows more before a thaw I won't get out but the goats will be ok thank goodness - hope you all get out when you need to
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

bamford6

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 09:29:38 pm »
well over a foot naw didn't get out as it was dangerous to take the tractor that far time 21.27 and its naw blowing the snow around minus 1 at the mo

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 11:30:12 pm »
We've got it in Clacks now - found out when my son-in-law texted from London to look out the window and there it was - all white and menacing!  I HATE IT! >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 09:37:49 am »
strong gale force winds blowing the lying snow and any new stuff about. this isheading your way folks so watch out. gary be careful. its not looking good at the moment.

bamford6

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 11:40:18 am »
we have Had just under 30 inches its naw 11.37 and snowing hard thunder storms last night as well digging out till dark a gain i hope the temp docent drop.started winter feeding yesterday at least i have dry sheds

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 11:56:06 am »
Looks like you have a hard day's graft in front of you Gary

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 12:02:26 pm »
Snowed and blew about a bit (East Aberdeenshire) but lovely spell this morning making the morning feed session quick nice
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 03:40:54 pm »
He might be the parcel chap who rang me today sounding very tired and saying he really didnt want to even come up the road that leads to our very snowy track and could anyone in the village take in my parcel? He sounded very relieved when I said I didnt blame him ! and gave him a friends details where he could take it :-)

He said it wasn't him! :) But it is the sort of thing that the drivers have to do!
For the first time ever he actually got called off yesterday, headed homeward about 12ish, stopped at Stonehaven to see if weather would clear or someone else would take his parcels, but he was home early by about 2.30! Safe and sound - thank goodness.

It seemed very Christmassy this morning - white outside but blue skies and sunshine. Still wish it would all thaw though!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 04:21:49 pm »
Love the igloo, Brucklay!  ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 04:46:48 pm »
four inches of snow in buckie, been snowing on and off alday, no wind though, hens hate it only the ex battery that has been out today, horses had a couple of hours out this morning and had some good rolling does, foal didnt know what to make of it, she wasnt overly impressed but followed mum and her auntie, the dogs have had a great day,
its snowing heavy again here now and gosh the temp has dropped very quickly

bamford6

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 01:10:23 pm »
minus 12 more snow all the digging out we are back to square 1 there is naw more snow than last ye re in wales minus 18 borders have had more than we have the rams should be working it will have a bad affect on lambing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 02:06:34 pm »
We were in Aberfeldy last night; just got back. Don't know how much fell last night but it's thawing a bit and only about an inch on top of  my car. Lots of thunder an lightning which I've never seen with snow before. Windy now and sleety a bit. Dan's brother had to leave his car at the Braco junction with the A9 and walk to the village. Friends of ours heading to Fife from Montrose are stuck at Kinfauns this side of Perth. Not nice.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 03:21:57 pm »
loads and loads and loads in our part of Fife.  Had to cancel trip out today and spent half the day seeing to the animals.  back in for cup of tea and then back out to do it all again!

horses loving it though - lots of galloping, bucking and farting!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS