Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Geese / aeroplane  (Read 4658 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Geese / aeroplane
« on: January 18, 2022, 10:56:25 am »
I know this sounds crazy, must be a coincidence,
This morning there was a skein of geese flying over, I was watching as the formation was changing, heading NW.
They suddenly started to veer round to SW, high above was an aeroplane, heading SW, they continued SW out of sight over the hill, in direct line of the aeroplane .
As I said, sounds crazy, but could they have seen the aeroplane and followed it?
Just seemed odd to see.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Geese / aeroplane
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 05:57:42 pm »
The mysteries of nature, but maybe:

"Belfast, this is Flight GOS25 heading for Cork and calling-in for sitrep" ... "Reading you GOS25 - your flight path at present altitude is good" ... "Thank you Belfast, but could you scan our wake at maybe 500m altitude as we believe/are concerned we are being followed" ... "Roger that GOS25 and I can advise that we are aware of an Amazon Prime test-flight of goose look-alike endurance-drones flying in formation along your flight path.  They are scheduled to disperse over the Irish Sea and land on the IoM having formed into the shape of a smile, we are told, before landing:  you might wish to advise your passengers to look out of your starboard windows at 18:00 as the drones are carrying lights just like in the adverts.  Good evening GOS25 and have a memorable flight."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:10:41 am by arobwk »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Geese / aeroplane
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 06:30:33 pm »
The mysteries of nature, but maybe:

"Belfast, this is Flight GOS25 heading for Cork and calling-in for sitrep" ... "Reading you GOS25 - your flight path at present altitude is good" ... "Thank you Belfast, but could you scan our wake at maybe 500m altitude as we believe we are being followed" ... "Roger that GOS25 and I can advise that we are aware of an Amazon Prime test-flight of goose look-alike drones flying in formation along your flight path.  They are scheduled to disperse over the Irish Sea and land on the IoM having formed into the shape of a smile before landing:  you might wish to advise your passengers to look out of your starboard windows at 18:00 as the drones are carrying lights (like in the adverts).  Good evening GOS25 and have a memorable flight."
Brilliant!  :roflanim: :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS