Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Copper Bracelets  (Read 3484 times)

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
Copper Bracelets
« on: January 17, 2022, 06:23:39 pm »
I've started to have some achey joints and wonder how you have found copper or magnetic bracelets.  I am a coal man so out in all weathers and quite often wet. (Did i mention i live in Wales :raining:). The ones I've seen with magnets have a velcro strap which would be better for me as i shower every day and don't really want to remove a copper bracelet daily as it would probably weaken and snap.  Any views would be appreciated :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Copper Bracelets
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 07:05:34 pm »
I was given a magnetic one years ago. Threw it out - made no difference at all

Never tried copper
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 07:23:35 pm »
Same here , no luck with the magnetic bracelet,

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 11:19:30 pm »
They tend to leave a green mark around your wrist!
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 11:21:56 pm »
Not tried magnets. Tried copper and only difference was my wrist went green BUT for what it is worth my father in law, who swore his copper bracelet helped him,  had a dog with arthritis and he wrapped copper around his collar. In spite of my cynicism the dog seemed to improve and maintained that improvement. In short therefore , although I am not a convert, I just think there might be something in it!
Give it a go, why not.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 08:53:52 pm »
thanks for the feedback i think i will have a go  :fc:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 10:27:46 pm »
I take glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, having seen them make a big difference to my ageing dogs over the years.  I get iMove for me, YuMove for the dogs, from Lintbells.

I take various other supplements as well, but am never 100% certain that they make a lot of difference.  The glucosamine does, though.  I have recently started taking boswellia, and I do think that may be helping too. 

I have never felt drawn to try bracelets.  I have sensitive skin and would expect them to irritate me too much, I think.

Let us know how you get on! 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 12:55:02 pm »
My elderly dog is on Yumove plus, also Librela which was intended for human use (stops the specific pain pathway of rheumatics) She is much better, but how much of that is due to rest and natural recovery who can say?
 I can't use Yumove because it contains 'greenlipped mussels' and I am allergic to shell fish....

[member=25972]philcaegrug[/member] why would you have to remove your copper bracelet every time you shower? You would have to wash it anyway so why not just keep it in place and make sure you dry it and your wrist thoroughly.  You can pick up a copper bracelet for from £6 online, so it's no big deal.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 07:18:41 am »
My biggest concern would be wearing a copper braclet whilst dealling with animals .... having nearly lost my ring finger when ring caught on gate with bullock pushing gate ....  I guess copper is a fairly soft metal and would bend in such instances but worth thinking about if you are dealing with livestock daily
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 07:41:48 am »
My biggest concern would be wearing a copper braclet whilst dealling with animals .... having nearly lost my ring finger when ring caught on gate with bullock pushing gate ....  I guess copper is a fairly soft metal and would bend in such instances but worth thinking about if you are dealing with livestock daily

I had the most awful infection in my arm from wearing a watch with a metal strap (not the expanding type) whilst working on a pig farm.  I got knocked over, the watch strap sprang open in the kerfuffle, the pointy part got dug into my arm, along with a lot of pig poo, as I fell.  I ended up at hospital with the most swollen arm you ever did see, getting heavy duty antibiotics and holding my arm upright for several days, and I still have the scar. 

A year or two later, my Mum wanted to buy me a watch for my birthday, and took me to her local House of Fraser store, Rackhams in Birmingham City Centre.  The watch I liked the most had a metal strap so I explained why I didn't want it.  Of course they could swap the strap, so I chose a leather one, the assistant fitted it and all was good.  She and Mum were then trying to persuade me to have the metal strap as well.  The assistant gently suggested that perhaps on days when I did not think I would end up on a pig farm, I might like to wear the other strap.  I was so taken with her sales style I gave in, but despite not working on another pig farm and going into computing shortly afterwards, I don't think that strap ever came out the box, lol. 

Edited to add, these days we don't feel the need to wear timepieces, do we, having our phones with us at all times!  Back then, not wearing a watch at all whilst working on the farm didn't even occur to us. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:44:17 am by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 05:44:34 pm »
From Sally: << Edited to add, these days we don't feel the need to wear timepieces, do we, having our phones with us at all times!  Back then, not wearing a watch at all whilst working on the farm didn't even occur to us. >>

I haven't worn a watch for the 1/4 century I have lived here, and I don't carry a big 'orrible phone around either. The light tells me close enough what time it is, and should I forget then the geese will remind me vociferously  :roflanim:
On the odd days when I do need to know the time, perhaps for an appointment somewhere, I cannot relax all day.

Degloving injuries are a definite danger, not just when working with animals but also machinery, such as tractors, quads, motorbikes.  Long hair, even in a plait can be lethal if you get it caught in machinery, or horror of horrors, a PTO  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:46:58 pm by Fleecewife »

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 05:20:51 pm »
fleecewife. my job as a coalman means i can be quite dirty at the end of the day so a thorough cleaning is necessary or i'm not allowed past the kitchen   :'(. I have ordered a bracelet so will see if there's any difference :fc:

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 06:48:02 pm »
Update I haven't noticed any difference.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 01:50:07 pm »
Thanks philcaegrug, I've often wondered whether to get one. ☺

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 08:24:40 pm »
Better of eating copper tablets  ;)
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS