Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Dahinda IL  (Read 5482 times)

robert693

• Joined Dec 2007
Hello from Dahinda IL
« on: December 21, 2007, 08:55:35 pm »
We recently moved to a small piece of land in Dahinda, IL USA. It is at the top of a hill overlooking a large valley with a pond about a quarter of the way down the hill, on a lower flat level. There is much timber on the land along with a small tillable portion. Since moving I have raised vegetables and have sold some in the local farmer's market. I am planning to buy a couple of pigs soon and possibly chickens.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hello from Dahinda IL
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:48:19 am »
This site is becoming truly international.  Looking forward to hearing all about your days.  Welcome.  HM

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 09:41:41 am »
Hello and welcome.

It's great to hear from folk in far flung airts and pairts. I'll have to get my trusty atlas out again! IL would be Illinois, would it?

Your spot sounds lovely. Look forward to hearing more about it!

Rosemary

robert693

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:13:56 pm »
I apologise, IL is Illinois. Dahinda is in West-Central Illinois between Galesburg and Peoria.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 08:22:49 pm »
It is so fatastic to see so many people joining the site from so many different parts of the world.

It will be interesting to read about the plants - fruits and veg - trees etc,  that people will be growing,  baring in mind the different terrains and temperatures and weather conditions that have to be overcome.

Welcome.

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:53:34 pm »
Hi and a warm welcome, as Kate says we are well and truly international now.  How wonderful that we can gain so much from so many different places.  Look forward to hearing from you Janx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS