Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Washing up bowl riser for Belfast sink?  (Read 3249 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Washing up bowl riser for Belfast sink?
« on: November 12, 2021, 12:25:09 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm sure we're not alone in having a big Belfast sink in the kitchen. Ours came from an old school chemistry lab that was being demolished!

The problem is that a standard washing up bowl is way too low for comfort, so for the past 10 years we've put the main bowl on top of a second bowl turned upside down. That sounds great, but the reality is it goes all slimy underneath and in the rim, where water collects, so Mrs Womble has asked me to find a better solution. This could be commercial or an idea for home-made - just something that won't either mark the sink or go minging!  :thumbsup:

I was going to make a frame out of PVC pipe, but there's a UK shortage of fittings for 'some' reason. Does anybody have a better solution? 
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Washing up bowl riser for Belfast sink?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 01:36:59 pm »
Ikea does shelf inserts for kitchen cabinets, they are probaby plastic, so should be easily cleaned if necessary?

Here it is, and it doesn't sem to require a second mortgage either.... but it may well not be in stock either...

VARIERA white, Shelf insert, 32 x28 x16 cm - IKEA

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Washing up bowl riser for Belfast sink?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 10:24:43 pm »
What ever materials solution you come up with [member=2128]Womble[/member] I would suggest better to have something hung from the rim of the sink rather than something resting on the bottom. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS