Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Golden Guernsey goats in Scotland  (Read 9884 times)

rlucas

• Joined Oct 2008
Golden Guernsey goats in Scotland
« on: November 01, 2008, 02:09:36 pm »
I'm considering keeping GGGs - does anyone know of a source of supply and advice near to me in North Eat Fife?

Richard

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Golden Guernsey goats in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:20:43 pm »
Hello!

I know a few goatkeepers in Fife, and even some with Golden Guernsey's. Avril Garrett at Glenfarg (not quite Fife) has a few Golden Guernseys but hasn't been keeping them long herself. Tracey Jordan in Cupar used to have quite a lot of GG's, but I'm not sure if she still does, I haven't heard from her for a while.

Drop me a PM if you want some contact numbers or anything. Personally we have British Toggenburg's, Anglo-Nubian's a British Alpine and a couple of British goats.

Beth

rlucas

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 02:47:39 pm »
Thanks for that, Beth.  It's all blue sky stuff at present, but it's good to know a little more .

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:37:15 pm »
Well blue sky stuff has to start somewhere! Give me a shout if you want anything- even if its just to organise a visit to someone that has goats to see what you might need/want.

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 04:53:49 pm »
FAO RLUCAS.

Hi I stay in Guardbridge and keep 7 Pygmy goats and 2 dairy goats.
You are more than welcome to come and see them anytime and ask any questions you may have. Just drop me a line, all my goats are purely as pets but are great fun. I started off with 2 and now have 9!!! If I can help just let me know. James

rlucas

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 05:36:03 pm »
Thank oyu - we are still a bit stuck trying to move house - but I'll keep your kind offer in mind!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:39 pm »
How much land do you need for a goat (or two)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hardfeather

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:48:19 am »
Camperdown park in Dundee had GG goats and may still do. They are often looking for homes for surplus stock.

littlekatewell

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Scottish Highlands
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 10:42:54 am »
Hi there,
We are just north of Inverness and got our first GG recently.  We got her from a lady in Dumfries and she was in kid when we got her together with a whether for some company.  She has now had twins and we are delighted with her.  Unfortunately we got two males from her so will be unable to keep them.....so if you want a GG billy.....?!  Other than that I don't know anyone else around Scotland who breeds.....we will hopefully have more next year.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 05:01:00 pm »
rlucas

2 weeks ago I introduced 2 female Golden Guernseys to the flock if you are still interested you are welcome to come visit the girls.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS