Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 12 acres smallholding with house. Port Talbot, South Wales  (Read 3322 times)

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
12 acres smallholding with house. Port Talbot, South Wales
« on: June 29, 2021, 09:39:39 pm »
The most beautiful views i have seen for some time - except for the ugly chimneys on the other side obviously.

12.3 acres (4.99 hectares) smallholding. Just outside Port Talbot. 8 miles from Swansea.

£345k

https://www.hrt.uk.com/property/11023814/tyla-farm-brombil-port-talbot#

It's so nice, isn't it? I just saw it on the Internet and wanted sto share - I have no business in selling it or anything 🙃

I m thinking of going to Wales for a viewing though 🤔
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: 12 acres smallholding with house. Port Talbot, South Wales
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 06:51:24 am »
Clever pictures... they've managed to erase the massive wind farm that stands over this place...
Marketing  :roflanim:
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 07:58:59 am »
Marketing  :roflanim:

It isn't though, is it? or at least it's not good marketing.

There's a house not far from us which was for sale for ages, and has a similar blindingly obvious 'issue' next door which was cut out of the estate agent's photos. The neighbour adjacent to it said loads of people came to view before turning straight round and driving away again.

If the wind turbines are that obvious when visiting the property, nobody who hates them is going to buy it, so why not show them in the photos?

R.Soles.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 10:54:41 am »
But marketing is about getting people to visit the place initially. So those that turned round at the sight of the windfarm were never going to buy it anyway. But there will be a small percentage who would never have booked a viewing if they had seen the windfarm on the original brochure, but once they had actually seen the property would decide that they could live with the windfarm because they loved everything else, and maybe couldn't get anything else for the price.

If you've got something to sell you don't do your best to put people off at the first mention. You have to let them see the whole picture of the good and the bad and decide for themselves. 
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 12:08:52 pm »
OMG - it can't be worth 345k.... did you see the damp on the bathroom walls, no outbuildings and I for one think the view is appaling....

Once the steelworks shut Port Talbot is going to be even more of a dump than it already is (and was when I visited a few times in the 90s....)

With the fumes coming over I would be very worried about my veggies...

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 01:28:32 pm »
OMG - it can't be worth 345k.... did you see the damp on the bathroom walls, no outbuildings and I for one think the view is appaling....

Once the steelworks shut Port Talbot is going to be even more of a dump than it already is (and was when I visited a few times in the 90s....)

With the fumes coming over I would be very worried about my veggies...
This is only 8 miles from Swansea City center.
If it was in the Midlands (Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire etc) it would cost at least twice as much.
I have houses in similiar condition with less land for around £700. House for demolition, with 6 acres cost £660k  :innocent:

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 02:48:53 pm »
This one is is a beautiful place:
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/110190161#/

22 acres. 6 bedroom House for renovation.
£500k. Snowdonia National Park, Gwynedd.

Compare to this one:
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/80996583#/
18 acres. 7 bedroom house for renovation.
Guide price £950k!!!
Leicestershire

Similiar size, similiar state - in fact the one in Leicestershire is with less land and worse condition - bit it costs TWICE as much! Ridiculous!

Wouldn't mind moving to Snowdonia though  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS