Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: B horse  (Read 2714 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
B horse
« on: November 13, 2010, 03:46:50 pm »
Just though I would let folks know what happened to better half. While feeding horse bent down to pick up feed bowl horse lifted its head and caught her in the face shattering the orbital bone around the eye. Hospital, Operation looked like she has gone three rounds with Mike Tyson seems to be on the mend could have lost the sight of her eye. So beware you can never be to carefull
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: B horse
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »
ouch. i hope she is ok, and on the mend,  :wave:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 05:58:45 pm »
sorry to hear about the better half's injury .
 I know how painful it is to do that , as I have done both sides of my face . I did both sides in a motor bike crash , both sides in a car crash , and did one side once and the other twice in er punch ups.... My face has changed shape slightly and I do get double vision , but that is due to the amount of times I have done this. 
The reason for me posting , is to say that it heals quite fast , and as a rule there are no problems afterwards. It is very VERY painful for a while , and she will feel like her head is falling apart if she sneezes !!!  ::) ,but all should be fine in a week or so ..... oh and my horse did the same to me a few months ago , but I don't think anything broke ?

cheers

Russ

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »
Calves are the devil for doing this. Hope it all heals soon.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 11:30:25 pm »
Thanks everyone yes she says it is sore, came of the pain killers today after two weeks, she is on the mend.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS