Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Property to rent  (Read 4245 times)

Morvenlc

• Joined Jun 2021
Property to rent
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:41:04 am »
I am looking to rent a small holding anywhere in mainland Scotland. I have 3 dogs and a large draft horse so must be able to bring these with me. I require a minimum of 3 acres of land for my girl. The house must be a minimum of 2 bedrooms. I have checked all of the usual estate agents and can't find anything suitable. I am ready to move now and have a healthy pcm budget.  :fc:

LeanneR88

• Joined Jan 2014
Re: Property to rent
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 09:58:29 am »
I was looking for similar quite a while back and it was a struggle in the end had to give up. There is barely anything going at the moment unless your willing to pay around £1500 a month in rent.  And houses to buy are around £250k plus so makes it impossible :(

What is more annoying is the fact a lot of people are moving up from down south and buying houses with land when they have no use for it and leave it sitting empty and then here is up horse owners desperate for land and cant find!

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 07:39:46 pm »
 :( :( >:(

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 07:48:29 pm »
I was looking for similar quite a while back and it was a struggle in the end had to give up. There is barely anything going at the moment unless your willing to pay around £1500 a month in rent.  And houses to buy are around £250k plus so makes it impossible :(

What is more annoying is the fact a lot of people are moving up from down south and buying houses with land when they have no use for it and leave it sitting empty and then here is up horse owners desperate for land and cant find!
£250k? Wow! That's nothing!

This year 3 bedroom house with 3 acres costs £850k around here (Leicestershire).
There are 0 houses with any land to rent. You can find relatively cheap land for rent, but not very often.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 10:35:42 am »
I am looking to rent a small holding anywhere in mainland Scotland. I have 3 dogs and a large draft horse so must be able to bring these with me. I require a minimum of 3 acres of land for my girl. The house must be a minimum of 2 bedrooms. I have checked all of the usual estate agents and can't find anything suitable. I am ready to move now and have a healthy pcm budget.  :fc:
@Morvenic PMed you
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS