Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do Llamas eat blackberry bush?  (Read 15523 times)

Orinlooper

• Joined Aug 2015
Do Llamas eat blackberry bush?
« on: June 06, 2021, 10:35:56 am »
Will llamas be as good as goats at clearing brush?

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Do Llamas eat blackberry bush?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 10:42:05 pm »
Does anything actuallyeat the blackberry stalks? The leaves possibly, but those those horrendous thorns would surely rip the mouth of anything to bits. :thinking:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 06:38:56 am »
Does anything actuallyeat the blackberry stalks? The leaves possibly, but those those horrendous thorns would surely rip the mouth of anything to bits. :thinking:
Rabbits do.

I used to feed them to my meat rabbits - a little bit every day, after they ate the leaves they would also eat the stalks untill there was nothing left.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 11:15:10 am »
Rabbits do.

I used to feed them to my meat rabbits - a little bit every day, after they ate the leaves they would also eat the stalks untill there was nothing left.

Well there we are then! That might seem to be an alternative answer to Orinlooper's question. Wasn't he planning to go into large scale cultivation of wild rabbits anyway? :excited: [size=78%] [/size]
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS