Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recording Cattle Movements  (Read 2592 times)

Faye.Lear

• Joined Mar 2016
Recording Cattle Movements
« on: March 28, 2021, 03:48:35 pm »
Am I right in thinking, If cattle are to be moved within 5 miles of your CPH onto land with a TLA then you don't have to record the movement with BCMS?

Or have I got this entirely wrong?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Recording Cattle Movements
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26:18 pm »
I think that's right but I have never used a Temporary Land Association so I cannot be sure.

Also, I am in England, not sure if you are?  The rules do vary across the countries.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:30:00 pm »
In Scotland, if you have linked grazing /holdings, you need to notify ScotMoves of movements but not BCMS.

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 07:30:16 pm »
Yes if england. I was offered few acres last year so I linked it to mine to save tb test. Because of covid, it took nearly 6 weeks instead of days. Sun burnt off a lot of the grass. 2 Angus X 14 month old boys scoffed all of it in a month rather than months! Currently got new purchased ewes & lambs there to keep away from my mob as they aren't yet Effy trained!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:42:40 am by PipKelpy »
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS