Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When to heptavac?  (Read 773 times)

Advertisement

mariegold

• Joined Jan 2013
When to heptavac?
« on: February 26, 2021, 05:45:32 pm »
Hello, I'm just pondering options... My ewes are due to lamb in 4 weeks at the earliest, but the ram was in for 6 weeks so they could lamb in 10 weeks time. When should I heptavac? I read that it should be done 4 weeks before lambing to give the new lambs coverage, but if they don't lamb for 10 more weeks will they still be covered? Should I wait a couple of weeks?What does everyone else do please? :hugsheep:

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: When to heptavac?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 06:50:15 pm »
Depends if you know when they are due , if you do then you could do early's now and late's in 2-3 wks but most will just jag now and so long as they are well established on the Hep system they will be fine . Forgot to say depends on how many sheep you have to inject versus pack size , as the pack states once opened must use in 10hrs
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 06:55:38 pm by shep53 »

mariegold

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 06:52:53 pm »
Thank you! I'm not sure when they were covered as I had the ram in for 6 weeks and no raddle. I think I'll do them now and then again when they are 3 weeks old if I get any late ones....

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 06:57:09 pm »
Sounds sensible  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS