Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How many baby apples/pears do you have left on your tree/s ?  (Read 8226 times)

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: How many baby apples/pears do you have left on your tree/s ?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2021, 06:52:55 am »
I had masses of blossom on all my trees and now plenty of baby fruits on the apples, pears and Victoria plum but not much sign of any on the Bramley apple, the other plum tree ( but that does get attacked by aphids every year) and the greengage. I ran out of stored apples from both eating apple trees in May. They've only just started to drop as well.
Wow! Sounds like you have rrally good apple trees!
Do you know what varieties they are? Where they fruit on the tree till May??
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2021, 10:59:58 am »
Oh, I love medlars... but it is an aquired taste I agree. (Used to get them when I lived in Hungary). Do they even grow in Scotland?

We have a mature tree that was here when we arrived 11 years ago, and two spalings of about 5 feet that I planted as whips last year. They seem to like it here, we have a crop most years although I don't think we make the most of them.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2021, 09:41:10 pm »
Oh, I love medlars... but it is an aquired taste I agree. (Used to get them when I lived in Hungary). Do they even grow in Scotland?

We have a mature tree that was here when we arrived 11 years ago, and two spalings of about 5 feet that I planted as whips last year. They seem to like it here, we have a crop most years although I don't think we make the most of them.

Ooohh.... I must investigate further! Thank you - I have not ever heard anyone talking about them in Scotland, so assumed they are a "Southern" delicacy...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS