Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ewe acting odd  (Read 1616 times)

Vinnie

• Joined Mar 2016
Ewe acting odd
« on: January 09, 2021, 03:24:57 am »
So we have a ewe she is pregnant, this will be her 3rd time lambing. Usually she has no problems and just pops them out real quick. So today around 5 pm she was acting funny and her udder has increased and slightly loose in back, so figured labor starting, by 630 still nothing out. Even though she has repeatly  layed down flat out and seem like pushing. So still nothing at 730 so did internal exam and she isn’t dilated and the lamb is still to low to feel. So my question is can they have Braxton Hicks? I imagine they can but she lays flat out so thought maybe indigestion, but she is pooping fine.So any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Ewe acting odd
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 12:37:24 pm »
i would give calcium .... I've had sheep with multiples who seemed to start then didn't progress .... calcium inj wouldnt be harmful but could solve the issue.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 12:52:48 pm »
As said above: 60ml Calciject - the sheep one not cattle one - (warm it up first) inder the skin over the ribcage, but it is probably either resolved now or too late.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 04:57:29 pm »
As said above: 60ml Calciject - the sheep one not cattle one - (warm it up first) inder the skin over the ribcage, but it is probably either resolved now or too late.

Last year you couldnt get the sheep one ...... (stopped producing it)  so I had a cattle one which you give different doseage (ag merchant told me dose)
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 06:21:30 pm »

Last year you couldnt get the sheep one ...... (stopped producing it)  so I had a cattle one which you give different doseage (ag merchant told me dose)

Yes I use the cattle one for my goats _ it's 30ml dose for a goat/sheep. So much easier - the injection is painful, so less is much better IMO.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS