Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: dairy equipment  (Read 1450 times)

westcoastcroft

• Joined Oct 2016
dairy equipment
« on: December 04, 2020, 08:57:51 am »
Hello Folks

beyond Goat Nutrition LTD does anybody have any recomendations for UK based retailers of home scale dairy equipment.

Cheese presses
Cheese Moulds
Stainless buckets
PH meters
Cream separators
etc

Also anybody got any experience with the Ukrainian cream separators on the market selling for around £100-150?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 09:00:07 am by westcoastcroft »

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: dairy equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 09:57:36 am »
Yes the cream separator is simply brilliant, but you will need about 8 to 10ltrs of milk to make the washing up worthwhile. It becomes a routine job, and as long as you mix a bit of milk back into the cream as soon as you finish (and before it goes into the fridge) it should stay pourable, but otherwise can turn solid/butter consistency.

I bought most of my cheese moulds from either goat nutrition (as well as the starters), but OH built the cheesepress ( a simple affair - I use gym weights for pressing). I do not sell any of my cheeses, so it's all working without the need for everything being stainless steel.

I do not use a pH meter, but probably should. A good one is quite expensive...

Are you planning on going commercial or just home produced?

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 04:14:26 pm »
Agree with Anke, we bought one of the Ukrainian separators a few years back and it's great.

I've never been able to find cheesemaking supplies in the UK at a comparative price to the US, so usually use GN.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 08:41:10 pm »
Great! I was thinking of buying one of those things! Thank you g
Everyone for the reviews! Aliexpress is suprisingly good for accessories like that too. Mostly little things
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS