Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ewe aborted  (Read 1512 times)

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
ewe aborted
« on: November 23, 2020, 09:29:11 pm »
we'e had a ewe abort , she was scanned with twins but only aborted one lamb , is it possible the other lamb will go to full term and could she have reabsorbed it   

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: ewe aborted
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:16:13 pm »
Both are possible.  She may have the second lamb and it may be healthy, she may reabsorb it, or it may remain dead inside her and could potentially make her ill as it decays. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 09:01:26 am »
In the meantime keep her isolated if she’s not already, some abortion causes can be very infectious.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 01:52:32 pm »
... and I would give a longacting antibiotic injection to be on the safe side, but best to check with the vet as to which one.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 09:26:10 pm »
... and I would give a longacting antibiotic injection to be on the safe side, but best to check with the vet as to which one.

Definitely check with the vet, some a/bs could be dangerous to any live foetus she may still be carrying.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 06:51:50 pm »
 vet gave me antibotics for her ,just have to wait and see if she lambs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS