Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: me  (Read 1059 times)

eryl

• Joined Apr 2020
me
« on: November 22, 2020, 04:50:39 pm »
Hi Im Eryl,
                 Former dairy farmer, estate amanager and now smallholder with Dorset Down sheep and Sussex cattle and occasional pigs.
Farming/countryside correspondent of the Life in North Wales magazine and author of the Book The Full Moon and Heron's Legs. Great supporter of Rare Breeds.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: me
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 05:36:39 pm »
Hello and welcome to TAS! Hope you find it enjoyable and useful.
Did you know there are quite a few herds of Shetland cattle in North Wales? Would that make an interesting article for Life in North Wales magazine?

eryl

• Joined Apr 2020
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 05:49:17 pm »
no i did not know that. I know a lot of rare breeders in N wales but none of the shetland breeders. I do a lot of conservation grazing work and we are always looking for animals to graze different sites so might be good to contact some of them. click on this link - im on page 45
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=398e4cdd-86af-40e6-8b11-32f33ce51816

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:26:43 pm »
That was very entertaining! I'll have a word with our Welsh rep and see what we can do. Can you email me or give me your email address to pass on to her please?

eryl

• Joined Apr 2020
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 07:48:44 pm »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 07:53:33 am »
Maggy George, our Wales rep, will be in touch, Eryl!

eryl

• Joined Apr 2020
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 02:01:17 pm »
Hi Rosemary,
                     i dont know if you can post a general notice rather than in a specific category, but I'm sure many of your members over the years have looked for a bit of extra land - or even perhaps have looked to land share. I just wanted to warn everybody about an organization called Fresh Start Land Enterprise. I think they have now gone out of business (good!) but just in case they be operating still - stay away from them, its just a big con.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS