Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted grazing for small herd of pygmy goats  (Read 4333 times)

Fran12uk

• Joined Feb 2021
Wanted grazing for small herd of pygmy goats
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:01:28 am »
So after renting our smallholding 7 years our landlord has suddenly past away. His son has kindly given us 6 months notice however this worries me for finding somewhere for our livestock. We have 2 horses, 6 pygmy goats and chickens to try and house. All pets and much loved by my 5 year old daughter so would like to try every route before considering rehoming anything :(

We are looking for anything really, paddock, yard, barn etc to at least house our goats and chickens till we can sort something long term. Would be nice if had room for our horses too but we are in no situation to be picky and they are easier to find places for.

We are located east Yorkshire, will be happy to travel within reason due to the situation.

If anyone knows of anyone or anything in the near future please let me know. Thankyou in advance 😊🍀

Fran12uk

• Joined Feb 2021
Re: Wanted grazing for small herd of pygmy goats
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:47:54 am »
Thankyou so much, we do too such a stressful situation when animals are involved

We had said to the son of he was wanting to sell the place to let us know as would be happy to buy as we had previously spoken to our landlord about doing so (who was all for the idea as he liked us being there) But realistically we wouldn't have a deposit for another 6 month's. And a mortgage I think would be near on impossible as my partner has recently gone self employed.

Im not sure what his plans are but I believe he will be wanting to develop the plot due to its location and the barns and outbuildings on site, so feel like that will be his intentions x

LeanneR88

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 04:01:05 pm »
I know exactly how you feel having been in this situation myself in the past...my animals come before anything as long as I could keep them I was happy.

Definitely recommend you try facebook pages, there are lots for smallholding, farming, properties etc if you need a hand finding pages let me know and I will try my best to help add you to some.

Good luck with the search...fingers crossed for you  :fc:

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 08:43:32 pm »
So after renting our smallholding 7 years our landlord has suddenly past away. His son has kindly given us 6 months notice however this worries me for finding somewhere for our livestock. We have 2 horses, 6 pygmy goats and chickens to try and house. All pets and much loved by my 5 year old daughter so would like to try every route before considering rehoming anything :(

We are looking for anything really, paddock, yard, barn etc to at least house our goats and chickens till we can sort something long term. Would be nice if had room for our horses too but we are in no situation to be picky and they are easier to find places for.

We are located east Yorkshire, will be happy to travel within reason due to the situation.

If anyone knows of anyone or anything in the near future please let me know. Thankyou in advance 😊🍀
I really hope you find something soon!
It's ridiculous how difficult it is to find to find any land available nowadays!
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS