Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Charge against property for market garden  (Read 4132 times)

WishfulThinker21

• Joined Jan 2020
Re: Charge against property for market garden
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 01:50:19 pm »
View of land 2018 (latest shot)
landtobuy illustrates the land hatched in grey which I am looking to buy

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 07:32:00 pm »
Well it doesn't look like anything's going to happen about the breach of covenant. That's obviously been going on for decades with no action being taken.
As for the possible contamination - again there's plenty advice on the internet about what you can do to mitigate it. Only you can decide whether to take it or leave it.
However, for what you want the land for, I would possibly be more interested in where the nearest water and electricity supply would come from. You can't rely on running a market garden with rain water alone, and although you can use solar or generator power, a mains electricity supply would be much more convenient and lack of it could limit your future plans. 

I have recently developed a green field site with absolutely no services and you would not believe how much it can cost to get things connected.

Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

WishfulThinker21

• Joined Jan 2020
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 10:36:55 am »
Hi again,
A little bit further on and after a bit more investigation it appears that there are no electrical services in the road, and so no possibility of connecting up to the grid. This is really disappointing!

If I wanted to connect up I'm assuming that the distribution company would need to install underground electrical cables in the roadside? Can they refuse to do this ??? What are my options ??

Fortunately the mains water supply IS connected.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 10:59:37 am »
I would expect the electricity connection to be £000s, in that case.

Could you run with solar panels and a small wind turbine?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

WishfulThinker21

• Joined Jan 2020
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 11:50:49 am »
Yep, I think off-grid is my only option here.
I guess the problem is that although I don't intend to live on the land I'm still going to need electricity for site security (CCTV), warehouse/storage for vegetable production (walk-in chiller) is absolutely essential during the summer months.
Giving that this is agricultural land, would the installation of renewable energy systems like the ones you mention even be allowed ?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 01:32:15 pm »
Yep, I think off-grid is my only option here.
I guess the problem is that although I don't intend to live on the land I'm still going to need electricity for site security (CCTV), warehouse/storage for vegetable production (walk-in chiller) is absolutely essential during the summer months.
Giving that this is agricultural land, would the installation of renewable energy systems like the ones you mention even be allowed ?
Ask for quotes and you'll find out.  RE firms have to stick by teh law.  But do it quick, we'fre heading fro lockdown again
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS