Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I don't understand people sometimes!!!  (Read 345 times)

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
I don't understand people sometimes!!!
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:49:22 pm »
How could anyone pick up these little bundles of fluff and dispose of them into a wheelie bin? 
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow. If your half-term booking has not been cancelled, please please adhere to social distancing & masking & frequently sterilise your hands.
Re: I don't understand people sometimes!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:11:57 pm »
Because there are desperate folk who just don't know how to deal with stuff and then there are some sickening folk who just don't care and can't be bothered to do the right thing and then there are mentally challenged people who don't really know what they are doing. 

And so kittens get dumped and Cv-19 continues to rule our lives.  While kittens still get dumped in wheelie bins we will still have to live with Cv-19 !
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 12:29:32 am by arobwk »

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow. If your half-term booking has not been cancelled, please please adhere to social distancing & masking & frequently sterilise your hands.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:35 pm »
[If only the young folk, who don't seem to want to care/act in responsible ways right now, would realise that it is their shoulders that will carry the massive burden of the UK's Covid debt throughout their lives !  More Covid; more national debt, even more burden, ever fewer jobs.  No politician is going to make a major/significant speech telling (warning) them about the economic burden they will bear though are they ?!  And some of these young folk think they should get the vote at 16:  I'm not going to ever vote to allow that based on the irresponsible behaviour I repeatedly see amongst younger folk right now which simply ignores Cv-19 behavioural guidance.  Minor rant over!  Sorry.]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:41:12 pm by arobwk »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • Wester Gladstone Hebridean Sheep
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 11:41:12 pm »
When did that happen @Scarlet.Dragon

I agree with arobwk about the reasons for that but not necessarily with the Covid rant - not all young people are so thoughtless but of course we don't see the sensible ones hanging around in the pubs and behaving antisocially because they don't.  You only have to look across the Pond to see that supposed adults, even those thought to be able to run a massive country, can be totally selfish, irresponsible, bursting with pride and self agrandisement, and downright criminal when it comes to holding gatherings where Covid 19 is transmitted to many others.

There is so much cruelty in the world - it has always been so and as far as I can discern, in spite of what the science fiction futuristic novels tell us, it will always be so.  Immense cruelty to animals and also to humans, deliberate and simply unthinking.  All we can do is to try to prevent it and when we can't do that then we must clean up behind them and provide better education on how humans should behave.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:50:15 pm by Fleecewife »
www.scothebs.co.uk

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - let sleeping dragons lie

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 07:40:46 pm »
Poor kittens. What has happened to them now?

My daughter has just started university and while it is true that some are ignoring Covid rules there are many others who are not..... my daughter being one of them. She is more responsible and thoughtful than many older people, I think.

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 08:33:34 pm »
When did that happen @Scarlet.Dragon

I agree with arobwk about the reasons for that but not necessarily with the Covid rant - not all young people are so thoughtless but of course we don't see the sensible ones hanging around in the pubs and behaving antisocially because they don't.  You only have to look across the Pond to see that supposed adults, even those thought to be able to run a massive country, can be totally selfish, irresponsible, bursting with pride and self agrandisement, and downright criminal when it comes to holding gatherings where Covid 19 is transmitted to many others.

There is so much cruelty in the world - it has always been so and as far as I can discern, in spite of what the science fiction futuristic novels tell us, it will always be so.  Immense cruelty to animals and also to humans, deliberate and simply unthinking.  All we can do is to try to prevent it and when we can't do that then we must clean up behind them and provide better education on how humans should behave.

They were recovered by Scottish SPCA on 16 August aged approximately 10 weeks.  After a month of treatment for their poor condition/sores, they've been re-homed as farm cats on the basis "they're a bit hissy".  One can only imagine what they've been through in their short lives.  The breeder clearly didn't care enough to chip them and either dumped them or passed them on to someone who dumped them.

The thing I find really sad, is that this is clearly such a common occurrence it hasn't even made the local news.
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 09:18:51 pm »
Can you blame them being a bit hissy!  Pleased to hear they have a farm home.

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 09:49:32 am »
Can't blame them for anything... it's not their fault the "responsible individuals" who owned their parents failed to neuter, or worse, deliberately bred them and then abandoned them to their fate!

Richmond

• Joined Sep 2020
  • Norfolk
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 12:48:16 pm »
Unfortunately a lot of people have recently lost their jobs and have turned to breeding cats, dogs, poultry, guinea pigs etc to try and make some extra money. I have been staggered by the amount of puppies and kittens on free ad sites, and equally staggered by the prices they appear to be going for. I could buy several sheep for the price of one tiny kitten! When the poor little things don't sell they are just dumped as they cost too much to feed.  :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 07:33:43 pm »
A friend of a friend recently paid £3500 for a kangaroo cockapoo - a mongrel!  My pure bred French working dogs are only £800 each even now if I had a bitch to breed from
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 08:03:41 pm »
A friend of a friend recently paid £3500 for a kangaroo cockapoo - a mongrel!  My pure bred French working dogs are only £800 each even now if I had a bitch to breed from

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And how did your friend take it when you called her/him an idiot @doganjo
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:49:33 pm by arobwk »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 10:24:14 pm »

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And how did your friend take it when you called her/him an idiot @doganjo ?
My frriend told her friend exactly what she was.  But he's such a cuddly little thing she says, and we can do agility with him 
I told her to tell her that my Brittanys are cuddly, and they can hunt, point, retrieve, do agility, obedience, cani x, mountain climbing, search and rescue, PAT dogs, hearing dogs, therapy dogs etc etc etc - waste of b----y money!  Waste of time too, she'll always find some excuse to justify losing so much money - that was more than my new bathroom cost! 
Damned con merchants see these idiots coming!
Rant over
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS