Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RBST Trustees elections  (Read 1953 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
RBST Trustees elections
« on: October 09, 2020, 08:29:21 am »
If you are a member of RBST, you'll know there are elections to the Board of Trustees. If you are in Scotland in particular (although votes from anywhere are welcome) please vote for Steve McMinn, Chair of the North of Scotland support group. Allround good guy and committed to progressing RBST in Scotland and Scotland in RBST. :love:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: RBST Trustees elections
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 12:52:54 pm »
Good move !
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 06:36:08 pm »
[member=13]Rosemary[/member]  do you know why Ruth Dalton has not been replaced as Northern Field Officer with the RBST?  Ruth had to spread herself over the huge physical area of the north of England and the whole of Scotland, and she did a great job.  How on earth can a single Field Officer, Tom Blunt, function effectively over the whole of great Britain?  Are there plans to fill Ruth's role do you know or is this another south-centred lack of interest which will inevitably cause the sidelining of The North?  I feel a letter coming on but would like any info you have first.

ilyria

• Joined Aug 2018
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 07:42:12 pm »
The farm parks officer is north Wales based but will try and help with anything she can. She helped me find some white-faced Woodlands and a new ram.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 11:31:59 pm »
Hi [member=182045]ilyria[/member] , who is she and is that different to the Field Officer?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 06:45:20 am »
Sadly, Steve wasn't elected but congratulations to the three people who were - Tom Davis, Catherine Lascelles and James Fanshawe.

Yesterday it was announced that RBST has created a new Vice-President Scotland to coordinate work on rare and native breeds in Scotland and to represent Scotland in RBST. Martin Beard, a former RBST Trustee and a current Trustee of Smallholding Scotland, will be taking up the post and I'm sure we wish him well.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 10:11:41 am »
Hi [member=182045]ilyria[/member] , who is she and is that different to the Field Officer?

I think RBST have been looking at peoples roles and responsibilities and don't intend to replace Ruth, who was excellent. There is to be more targeted support for the centres and farm parks. Not sure if Tom is going to be covering all the country but it was a lot for two field officers never mind one.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 12:48:57 pm »

On the RBST website it says that the new RBST Scottish Forum is launched today, but I can't find it anywhere (I don't do social media so if it's there somewhere then that would explain it!)
Does anyone know of the proposed format for this?

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 12:52:25 pm »

I think RBST have been looking at peoples roles and responsibilities and don't intend to replace Ruth, who was excellent. There is to be more targeted support for the centres and farm parks. Not sure if Tom is going to be covering all the country but it was a lot for two field officers never mind one.

I'm hoping that we ordinary bods don't get ignored, as Ruth's big plus was that she involved everyone, even just the plain ordinary members beavering away keeping rare breed livestock without fanfare

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 01:19:18 pm »

I'm hoping that we ordinary bods don't get ignored, as Ruth's big plus was that she involved everyone, even just the plain ordinary members beavering away keeping rare breed livestock without fanfare

I agree and I'm sure it is the same with Tom. Maybe the support groups will find more enquiries and requests for help coming their way?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS