Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: moving a septic tank  (Read 2406 times)

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
moving a septic tank
« on: December 28, 2020, 04:45:43 pm »
Hello,

I am wanting to find out more about price and feasibility of moving our septic, which is in the middle of the garden which I would like to repurpose into a hard-standing area for horses. Its one of the huge, concrete tanks which has been there since it was converted in the late 80s. I expect much will depend on where we want it moved to but has anyone had this done before please? I will have to pay someone to do it-cant do any of the work ourselves. An alternative might be is to have a galvanised steel top put on (we have something like this over the inspection pit) although we do have some other issues that could be sorted out at the same time as the septic.

Thank you in advance.

ZacB

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Suffolk
Re: moving a septic tank
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 05:24:52 pm »
We had issues with an old septic tank - blocked weeper drains causing everything to get blocked up. New treatment plant installed in a new location with run off into a nearby stream. Spoil from new installation used to fill the old site which is now just a grass area.
Google waste treatment plant installers, I’m sure they’ll be happy to advise on pricing etc

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 03:15:24 pm »
thank you ZacB-more possibilities than I thought!

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 02:11:08 pm »
Before you change it - make sure you can afford the new system - digging breeze block lined 'holes' is not allowed anymore - you'll be expected to fit 'modern' - and it will cost an arm and a leg as well as time spent with planning and installing.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS