Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep left on our land  (Read 1595 times)

Mark Cooper

• Joined Jul 2020
Sheep left on our land
« on: July 08, 2020, 10:17:27 am »
Hi all,

We had some livery horse people who also became hobby sheep keepers on our land. We asked them to leave and they took the horses, but not the sheep, I know its difficult to get grazing for 4 sheep. We have looked after the sheep (water, grazing, shelter, welfare) since, but have now given notice in writing to remove the sheep. If they do not collect and remove by the given date I am wondering what our options are.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Mark

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Sheep left on our land
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 11:42:34 am »
Have you taken legal advice?

If you ensured they received the letter by sending it recorded delivery. then I think youmay  have to give them one more written warning by the same delivery method. then you can dispose of them if they do not respond  But you may have to return any profit you make on that disposal (sale after reasonable costs)  to the owners

But the law may differ in the four countries of the UK
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:45:00 pm »
Did you have written, signed agreement in place before they brought their animals onto your land?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 03:09:41 pm »
Just contact a local animal rescue and ask if they could take them, they will talk you through the legal process. I think you need to post abandonment notices for 10 days or similar?

I would notify the owners that this is what your doing and if they want them then they must collect them before they become the legal property of the rescue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS