Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Planning Permission Paddock  (Read 2145 times)

Ashleync777

• Joined Jul 2020
Planning Permission Paddock
« on: July 06, 2020, 02:52:20 am »
Hi

I am new to all of this and just try to get my head around things as this is a dream of mine but so many rules and regs.

I've found some land. Currently used as paddocks with maybe goats or sheeps on there with also some stables. I'm not sure if they are moveable or firm structures.

Ideally I would like to convert this a small holdings and then go from there.

I was wondering what advice and steps we should look at in regards to change of usage permission, barns for storage, possibly an annexe or some structure should we then decide to live on the small holdings if this would be beneficial to the animals / safety etc.

Thanks so much for any info you can help with.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Planning Permission Paddock
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:15:38 pm »
Getting residential planning permission is not easy.  Lots of great info on the Chapter 7 website and in their book
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Planning Permission Paddock
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 05:56:44 am »
I really wouldn't bother trying - lots of people have the same idea, buy a patch of land and build a house on it. The reality is that there are lots of regulations in place to prevent this happening and any land that has planning for a building will cost 10 times as much as land without!

If you would like a smallholding, the best thing to do is to buy one.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS