Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ear tags  (Read 5952 times)

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
Ear tags
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:15 pm »
Dose anyone know the best cheapest place to buy ear tags and pliars online ??? my oinkers are growing surprisingly quick.
I am also amazed at how fast they can run they seem to love running about with the dogs is this normal ???? they can actualy run as fast as the terriers which is hilarius with the horses being chased by the pigs who inturn are being chased by the dogs then they all change round and chase each other !!!

HappyHippy

Re: Ear tags
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:14:36 pm »
My Kune Kunes look like mini (not micro ;)) racehorses they way they positively gallop down the field when they see me - VERY funny to see  ;D ;D ;D

The best place I found for tags and pliers was Fearings - metal pig tags (25) and the applicator came in at £46.88 including VAT and delivery.
http://www.fearing.co.uk
HTH
Karen

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:52 am »
+1 for fearings - good, fast, cheap service for our tags this year!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:37 pm »
I think supplies for smallholders on here do a good deal too.  Worth looking.

Just love watching little pigs playing and running around.  Our big pet pig still plays with our lab x collie, which is wonderful to watch (they race around with a stick in their mouths)

Browntea

• Joined Sep 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »
One of our spaniels was getting scragged to bits the other day by our 2 girls....how the table has turned in just a month or so... The dogs were licking their lips not too long ago!!!  ;)

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:04:44 am »
Ketchum's

01737 812218 / 9

Clinching pliers                       1 @ £21.73
Kurl-Lock No'3 Tags (Metal)     10 @ £ 3.39
or
Kurl-Lock No'3 Tags (Metal)    100 @ £32.28

Prices include VAT & Postage

Phone order and your all done. In my opinion the best tags, best prices, best service  :wave:

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 02:10:58 pm »
Thanks evryone especialy cobra that seems a great price as I was just going to get 10 tags.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 07:27:58 pm »
Hi,

I dont think there is a "Best Tag" - they are all much the same - a tag with numbers on.

Just so Happens that our are stainless steel, for the same price (or there abouts)

Thanks

https://www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk/pig-identification-c-98_109.html
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:43:01 pm »
Suppplies I do have to say i got a surprise at the price of your Tags well more a shock after what you said on here your tags are 4 times the price of the website Cobra said.
It coul be that I am Scottish and tight lol but that is not (or there abouts )
I ordered 20 tags from Cobras site with a pair of pliers including 24 hour delivery for less than the price of 20 tags alone from you !!!
I wonder if there is an office for fare trading for smallholders ????????

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:16:12 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for those kind words, but your maths and logic are very badly flawed:

Ketchum 10 for £3.39 = 20 for £6.78

We are 20 for £16.45 - Hardly 4 times dearer, also you didnt mention that our tagging pliers are £12.10 as opposed to Ketchums £21.73, so doing some simple maths for 20 tags + pliers:

Ketchum 6.78 + 21.73 = £28.51
SfS 16.45 + 12.10 = £28.55

I dont think that you can call a difference of 4p 4 times more expensive, especially when you consider that the tags we supply are Stainless Steel rather than "metal" and do not need to be kept in oil to prevent rusting.

Also the ketchum website does not publicise prices - we prefer to be upfront with ours.

Many Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 09:12:50 pm »
Sales folk lol any way they are cheaper no matter how you try to hind it your tags are sorry double the price ?????
Just to let everyone know I ordered my tags yesterday at about 11 oclock in the morning and they were here at 11 oclcock this morning no hasle no presure sales just a realy good cheap service and the best bit i they send you a invoice at the end of each month so I havent even paid for them yet !!
Cheers Cobra !!

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 09:16:08 pm »
Meant to say 20p a tag cheaper !!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS