Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When best to buy POL hens?  (Read 3964 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: When best to buy POL hens?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 03:20:57 pm »
[I was thinking that once folk get back to work, all these hens will end up on preloved! and all the puppies will be taken back to the rescue centres.  Perhaps that's a bit negative (because we are currently trying to rehome a couple of dogs and that's a melee too). 
Your own dogs?   ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »
[I was thinking that once folk get back to work, all these hens will end up on preloved! and all the puppies will be taken back to the rescue centres.  Perhaps that's a bit negative (because we are currently trying to rehome a couple of dogs and that's a melee too). 

No no - we are wanting to adopt a couple.  It's in train and our application is in, but it's more stressful than trying to adopt a baby  ::) (not that I have done that) Our own last two dogs both died earlier this year, just a few weeks apart, at 14 and 16 yrs, and we know we can give a loving home to these two who are too old for anyone else to want.  We are very used to older dogs and they would just love it here  ;D.  We have no problem with vet fees as they are par for the course on a smallholding.  I think so many people are wanting dogs to fill their time while they are stuck at home during lockdown, and to give them an excuse to go out, that it's taking the rescue place a long time to filter through the applications.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 07:35:58 pm »

No no - we are wanting to adopt a couple.  It's in train and our application is in, but it's more stressful than trying to adopt a baby  ::) (not that I have done that) Our own last two dogs both died earlier this year, just a few weeks apart, at 14 and 16 yrs, and we know we can give a loving home to these two who are too old for anyone else to want.  We are very used to older dogs and they would just love it here  ;D .  We have no problem with vet fees as they are par for the course on a smallholding.  I think so many people are wanting dogs to fill their time while they are stuck at home during lockdown, and to give them an excuse to go out, that it's taking the rescue place a long time to filter through the applications.

Hi [member=26320]doganjo[/member] everything speeded up and we collect the dogs on Wednesday if they like us (the dogs)  :yippee:.  We have postponed getting the hens for a while but at Craigievern they get in new stock every month so we should get some later.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 09:24:52 pm »
ooo, exciting - looking forward to seeing photos of them.  What are they, male/female/ages?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 12:42:03 am »
ooo, exciting - looking forward to seeing photos of them.  What are they, male/female/ages?

Crossbred mother and daughter, 8 and 10.  They've been in Seafield for 9 months.  I'll post pics in a few days, once they're settled a bit.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS