Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New member on a sloe gin adventure  (Read 1044 times)

Puddlebrook

• Joined Jun 2020
  • Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
New member on a sloe gin adventure
« on: June 03, 2020, 09:07:29 am »
Hello everyone.
My partner and I bought a three and a half acre field in Gloucestershire three years ago and after clearing the scrap metal, rubbish and cutting the waist high grass and brambles planted 650 blackthorn bushes. We have started a company and will be going into commercial Sloe gin production as soon as possible. The bushes are still young and this spring we have seen our first berries forming. Things have progressed and we have planning permission for a single storey building on the field for the gin production, bottling and storage. The building will be made of seven shipping containers welded together and cut out inside. The foundations are complete and the containers in position. So thats where we are now and I hope some of you will follow our journey chipping in advice and help where neccessary. Watch this space for the introduction of juniper bushes and a pot still.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: New member on a sloe gin adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 01:55:08 pm »
I'm surprised that I am the first member to welcome you to the forum Pubblebrook given your adventure !! LOL
Good luck

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 04:01:05 pm »
Hi and welcome, I remember the one and only time  tasting Sloe tart many years ago, beautiful.

Kiran

• Joined Apr 2019
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 06:24:22 am »
Hi, and good luck with your venture, I'll be following with interest

Cowslip.

• Joined Jun 2020
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 02:20:13 pm »
Hi and good luck with your new venture. I bought a 6 acre neglected meadow last September and i'm trying to keep the Blackthorn at bay.It had crept 3 metres into the field in places, i had it cut back in February. Not before getting a lovely crop of Sloes last year that produced the most amazing Sloe Gin  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS