Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pygmy weathers arrive tomorrow!!!!  (Read 123 times)

Sally123

• Joined May 2020
Pygmy weathers arrive tomorrow!!!!
« on: May 30, 2020, 04:01:28 pm »
So my first goats arrive tomorrow and I am so excited! They’ll be joining out Shetland for a bit of company and the rest of the craziness animals here.

I wanted to ask if anyone had any tips on drying forage to store for winter?

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Pygmy weathers arrive tomorrow!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 11:47:54 am »
I well remember that feeling.... along with "what have I done, am I anywhere near ready for this?" on the drive to collect them and "I don't know enough, what if it all goes wrong?" on the drive home!

What kind of forage?  Twigs/tree branches, nettle and willow herb I tie in bunches and hang in the eaves of the barn.  The natural airflow dries it and it's ready in a "usable bundle" when I need it.  Having said that, there's one bundle of willow herb I can't use from the year before last because a wren decided it was the perfect place to build a nest... and has returned to it again this year!

Relax and enjoy them, life will never be the same again... then again if you already have a Shitland (I'm assuming pony not sheep), then you're already living the crazy life!
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Bloody weathers......

Started by tizaala

Replies: 5
Views: 1482
Last post August 05, 2014, 10:37:34 am
by Mad Goatwoman of Madeley
Feeding sugar beet to weathers.

Started by Goats!!!

Replies: 3
Views: 1334
Last post October 24, 2016, 07:03:01 am
by Dogwalker
Looking for another pygmy...

Started by gingercloverbramble

Replies: 0
Views: 1161
Last post September 06, 2010, 09:48:31 am
by gingercloverbramble
pygmy anyone?

Started by princesspiggy

Replies: 5
Views: 1976
Last post July 14, 2012, 11:59:12 pm
by HappyHippy
Is it a pygmy

Started by firemansam

Replies: 4
Views: 1826
Last post September 11, 2012, 10:08:31 am
by Roxy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS