Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thank you for adding us  (Read 1133 times)

Jota

• Joined May 2020
Thank you for adding us
« on: May 27, 2020, 09:15:30 pm »
Thank you for adding us to this superb site. I tend not to use the interweb too much unless it is important to me/us. We are late 50's & early 60's young and are passionate about this country's land and it's infrastructure.
I come from an outdoor family and even attended Morton Morrell and the school I attended had its own smallholding ( books by John Terry - Pigs in the Playground ) and was involved in this from its instigation. My partner for her part look's after the garden side of things while I look after the animal side.
Sadly we only live in a house with a garden and tolerant neighbours so we are looking for inspiration on how to take the next step to becoming small scale smallholders.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Thank you for adding us
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 01:04:52 am »
Welcome to the forum [member=202754]Jota[/member] - I'm sure you will find much inspiration here.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 12:39:31 pm »
Hello and welcome.

Yesterday we drove past what appears to be a derelict smallholding, just to the south of Edinburgh.  How can that be when so many people are looking to get started in the smallholding life  ???
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 03:27:02 pm »
Yesterday we drove past what appears to be a derelict smallholding, just to the south of Edinburgh.  How can that be when so many people are looking to get started in the smallholding life  ???

Because if it did actually come up for sale. The asking price would be astronomical making it impossible to most apart from those (and no offence intended to) from down south who sell their properties at massive prices and buy up here out-right with their profits. £130k gets you nothing these days :(
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 04:58:54 pm »
Yep, there's one up the road from us - maybe five acres. Persimmon Homes now have an option on it and are planning 90 houses.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 05:11:08 pm »
Yesterday we drove past what appears to be a derelict smallholding

Oooh, it wasn't ours, was it?

Once you get past the jungle in the front garden and the gate hanging off it's hinges, I promise you the rest of it's quite nice!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS