Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Food processor  (Read 2203 times)

xillent

• Joined Jan 2009
Food processor
« on: April 15, 2020, 10:40:54 am »

When we bought a breadmaker we got loads of opinions on here and ended up with an excellent Panasonic machine (which we subsequently replaced with another when it finally went bang after mega use).

So, now its the food processor that's nearing the end. What's the advice regarding the best all round processor folks?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Food processor
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:35:10 am »
I've had my Kenwood Chef for about 45 years I think.  My mum started a club between me, my sister, herself and my three aunts. We all put a small amount of money each month and one of us got one for each of 6 months.  My aunts and mum are long since gone, but two of my cousins and my sister still have theirs.  Still starts up immediately every time.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 12:52:17 pm »
Glad you asked.  I did some research a while back and concluded Kenwood for sure, but never managed to get to grips with which Kenwood, so never bought one!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 04:53:50 pm »
Loads in Argos from £40 to £170
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ZacB

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Suffolk
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 06:07:14 am »
Cuisine 5200 Magimix sits on our worktop - when dead it will be replaced with a similar item

Terry T

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 11:28:59 am »
I also use a Kenwood that I inherited from my granny and must be around 40-50 years old.

xillent

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 04:46:58 pm »
We were thinking of Kenwood as that's what we've got. Yon Magimix machine looks like the very man though. Anyone else got an input

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 06:40:22 pm »
Kenwood,     
get one with a decent sized motor though. I replaced my 20yr old Kenwood chef about 10years ago ( I worked it too hard and burnt the motor! ) with another kenwood with a 900w motor.  For most of those 10 years I have been baking the old fashioned way, bowl and spoon and elbow grease, as I hate the machine.  Until recently I did a lot of baking and I should have spent a bit more to get a sturdier machine. 
I do have my late mother’s kenwood at the back of a cupboard but never got round to emptying the cupboard to get the mixer out!

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 09:19:51 pm »
The Kitchenaids are very pretty!

But I have a Kenwood Multione which is enough for me. Only bought it as the fire took my food processor, hand mixer, stand mixer, hand blender, nutribullet and my beloved handwhisk with the handle that you turn, that was purchased to whisk the volac up!

Made me realise too many blasted gadgets for my little kitchen! Replaced the electric handwhisk, the nutribullet and bought the Kenwood as it comes with everything else i can't possibly need (but got). Usually used 3 or 4 times a year so lives in cupboard! But I got it if I need it!

Panasonic breadmakers all the way!

However, something that we can kill quite fast are kettles! Never last longer than 3 years and that's pushing it. No idea why, always been the same. Bang on 3 years you can guarantee we need a new kettle. Started buying them in advance now!
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 11:23:41 am »
I bought a Kenwood 701 some years back for £50. It was 40 years old then. I used the online guides to completely renovate it, bought some attachments cheaply on eBay and haven't looked back. I'm sure it'll still be going in another 45 years. They built them solidly back then. Spares are still available from various places online.

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 08:16:16 pm »
Kenwood Chef here with alsorts of attachments including mincer, food processor and liquidiser. I use the dough hook for my bread dough.
All parts can  be replaced and readily available.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS