Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Worming Query  (Read 1063 times)

Dragon

• Joined Aug 2019
Worming Query
« on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:18 am »
 :wave:  Good morning everyone.

I have a query regarding worming my goats  :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:.  In normal circumstances I would collect samples and have worm counts done then dose accordingly and as advised by my vet, combining the 40 mile round trip with a shop in Tesco/Aldi. 

However, we are certainly not in normal circumstances, and a 40 round trip to the vet with the samples then ditto the next day for any meds is probably not the most ideal scenario, bearing in mind we are 'older' and more or less self isolating.  It has been suggested I obtain (scrounge) a sheep wormer/drench from one of our local farmers  :farmer: (of which there are many) or buy same from our local feed supplier, but the smallest quantity is 1ltr which is obviously far too much and will go to waste. 

Are there any other wormers available over the counter which I could use to the same effect?

Sort of in a quandry about what to do  :thinking:  preferring to avoid going out if at all possible.  However I do suspect it will be a trip out masked and gloved..... What would you do? 

PS.  Hope you are all safe and well  :thumbsup:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Worming Query
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 10:53:32 am »
Given that you will be travelling in your own car, can leave the samples at the vets without having to even get close to another human, and then will be able to do the same to pick up meds if needed, what is the problem exactly? 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS