Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 10 Acres on North Coast of Northern Ireland.  (Read 1200 times)

JFW67

• Joined Apr 2020
  • Co. Derry
    • Valkyrie Craft: Handmade Canoes and Kayaks
10 Acres on North Coast of Northern Ireland.
« on: April 12, 2020, 08:59:01 am »
HI All,

My wife and I have recently got hold of 8.4 acres beside our nearly 2 acre house and land.  We plan to change a sloping and wet moor side field into a small holding with orchard, copiced willow and hazel, market garden, a good bit of tree planting, a wetland reserve and a small number of livestock for grass management.

In our existing land we have already developed a series of vege beds, keep chickens and geese, planted and harvest a willow garden for copicing for use in my work as a traditional boat builder,  a loads of currant bushes and a few fruit trees.  We also planted a good few trees which, after ten years, have started providing me with firewood for my workshop.

Between us we've a fair bit of varied experience, lots of dreams and plans and a good bit to learn!  Perfect for a couple the wrong side of 50!!

Mistakes teach best.  😳🙄😉

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: 10 Acres on North Coast of Northern Ireland.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 04:42:23 pm »
Welcome to  the forum JFW67.  Lots to do then !!  :)

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 07:06:52 pm »
Hi and welcome, busy days ahead. :wave:

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:06 pm »
Sounds great! Very happy that you found this forum!
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS