Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Why do people ask if they don't like the answer?  (Read 5579 times)

GBov

• Joined Nov 2019
Why do people ask if they don't like the answer?
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:15:39 pm »
Seems I have upset half the village by answering someone's question - What do you do with your rabbits, eat them?" - with an honest "Yes."

All my life I have been upsetting people by answering their questions and have to admit am a bit fed up to hear I am now a villain who murders helpless bunnies.

:rant:

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
Re: Why do people ask if they don't like the answer?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:26:42 pm »
I get it all the time when I go shooting or ferreting etc if they eat meat they have no right to say anything it makes me mad , people are so far removed from were ther meat comes from

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:47:57 pm »
My son told his brother he had caught a mouse in a trap,and sent a pic.  His brother showed his 10yo daughter, my grandaughter, and she now hates her uncle for 'murdering that little mouse'  :o   I dare not tell her we have now caught/trapped 12 mice and voles in our polytunnel  :roflanim:   She'll realise why the first time a mouse eats her Easter egg or whatever.  (It's not as if she won't eat the lovely little black lambs we have  :hungry: :stir:  )

Don't let it get to you - they asked; you answered.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 06:25:30 am »
Once I cooked dinner for my friends - someone asked (as a joke!) "Is it one of your rabbits?" I said "yes". Their faces dropped but they continued eating. In silence. Lol
Until then they thought its chicken  :roflanim:
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:58:54 am »
Once I cooked dinner for my friends - someone asked (as a joke!) "Is it one of your rabbits?" I said "yes". Their faces dropped but they continued eating. In silence. Lol
Until then they thought its chicken  :roflanim:

Which reminds me of when I was on a school exchange in France.  We had gone to my penfriend's family in the country - very primitive back then but I loved it.  They had rows and rows of rabbit cages and the housewife asked me one day to tell her which was my favourite rabbit.  In my naivety I thought she was asking for a sort of rabbit beauty competition so was decidedly horrified when she dragged out my chosen one, killed in, prepped it and we had it for dinner.  The whole family roared with laughter at my face  ::) .  Still, it was a truly tasty meal  :yum: :bunny: :hohoho:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS