Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Youtube.  (Read 3462 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Youtube.
« on: March 25, 2020, 08:48:38 pm »
I have been amazed at all the gardening tips on Youtube. some great idea. Not only does it pass the time in an evening but I have now started working not only in the summer to be flower beds but also my veg plot and pollytunnel. If your fed up have a look.

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
Re: Youtube.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:33 am »
I love youtube, I get so much inspiration from there from soap making to weaving the list goes on.
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 10:50:47 am »
When I've needed advice or guidance on mechanical problems Youtube has been decidedly unhelpful. Some of the clips I've seen left me wondering why they bothered to make them? Fixing an old Briggs and Stratton lawnmower was one example and I eventually discovered that the early engines didn't have contact breaker points at all, so why the clip mentioned them I don't know, as the engine being worked on didn't have any either. Cleaning rust off the flywheel actually meant the brake wasn't working and the one thing not to do was oil it.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:34:25 pm »
There are some great tips out there but as Chrismahon says, not all are good.  For example, if you look up how to prune a golden gage do not follow the advice given if you want to have a living tree at the end of it  :tree:
Same for how to roo a sheep - there are some good clips, but there's one where the person should be prosecuted!  :hugsheep: 
In general though I agree that the info out there is great.  When we started out with smallholding 25 years ago, there was no such resource and no TAS either  :o  so getting info in a hurry was almost impossible
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 07:33:39 pm »
I use it for all sorts. When I was looking for hoof boots for my cob. bitless bridles. Cooking egg fried rice. Yes there things on there that are rubbish but I have found so many good things.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS