Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello everyone - I'm new & near Llandeilo  (Read 1030 times)

OriginallyWelsh

• Joined Dec 2019
Hello everyone - I'm new & near Llandeilo
« on: March 10, 2020, 06:35:01 pm »
Hello
My husband and I have recently purchased a smallholding near Talley (Llandeilo)
It definitely a work in progress and will be for many years to come - the house is a bit of a state, so that's the main priority and the fields well at least they are have a slope to them so they drain!
It's 16 acres, with a wood and a stream so idyllic.
My English born husband & dog are now mostly there 'camping out' enjoying the welsh hospitality and getting used to everyone being so friendly and welcoming and I'm still working away in London to fund the work that needs doing!

We attended a 'Smallholding for beginners' course at Humble by Nature at the weekend instructed by the wonderful Liz Shankland.

I've registered and got a CPH number and also did something so I have a Land number - but then I have become unstuck as I either did something wrong, or need to wait for something or really haven't a clue but I put all the Land under one parcel and now I want to split it into its fields as our nearest farmer has asked if he can put his cows on one field as ours is drier than his and some sheep on a top field. Any experts on here with that RPW site who can help (or refer me to previous posts)?

Diolch yn fawr - that's another thing I'm getting to practice having been brought up speaking welsh  but then not speaking it for over 30 years... Araf, Araf!!

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
Re: Hello everyone - I'm new & near Llandeilo
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 07:31:58 pm »
Hello and welcome to another Welsh member.  :wave:

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:56:03 am »
hello from another Welsh person  :wave:
sorry can't help with the bureaucracy question; have very little experience of it myself

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 11:48:43 am »
I think you need to register the land as one parcel. If you rent part out to a farmer for cattle he will register the move as onto your whole holding, not individual fields. same with sheep or any livestock.

Beware that you can introduce parasites onto your fields by renting them out.

Kiran

• Joined Apr 2019
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 08:14:00 pm »
Hello, always nice to have a fellow SA postcode dweller

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS